Windows 7 WMP12 hangs when I choose Close Captions at DVD Playback

RobertX

I am using a Dell Dimension 3100 with an Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz with 2GB RAM. Also, I am running Windows 7. I am currently using WMP 12 to play DVDs and AnyDVD to help Iplay DVDs I buy when travelling. Recently, in England, I just bought a Star Trek: First Contact DVD.

When I put it in my computer, for some reason, I tried to put close captions. I didn't know it was there to begin with, so I tried to see what it was like. Then that's where the bad news starts: the computer hangs. It is not responsive when I move the mouse, it just freezes. I had to try it many times to realise that was the problem. Other than that WMP12 is working fine.

I have no problem against using it despite the problem, but I would like to know why it is like that. Can it be that the Dell hardware is getting old (i.e. it's 10 years old coming 2016), or is it a software problem? There was no blue screen error so I cannot determine what the error type is; I'm sorry.

Also, on occassion, when I try to resize the window, it hangs as well. Again, no blue screen error, just a freeze. The computer/Windows 7 doesn't even have the courtesy to tell me what the error is!
smile.gif

If you have the time, please look up where the problem is and I will be very grateful.

I changed the drivers.

My computer 's graphics capability was embedded on the motherboard, in this case, 82915G.

I went to the Intel website, not the Dell one, and downloaded the version 6.14.10.4670 and everything was done like dinner.

Back
Top Bottom