Windows 7 Wrong Keyboard Setting

hawk22

Hi, Have installed Windows 7 and it is running fine but my problem is, I assume that with keyboard region setting something must have gone wrong, I can not reset my keyboard to English-Australia, or English-US, all the numbers and letters are OK but a number of characters are reversed and the backward slash is missing altogether.
My question is can I do a repair install like I would be able to in XP.
hawk22

Hello,
It sounds like you are experiencing keyboard layout issues on your Windows 7 system. If you are encountering problems with characters being reversed and some keys not functioning as expected, it's likely due to the keyboard layout settings.
To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps to change the keyboard layout on Windows 7:
1. Changing Keyboard Layout:
- Click on the Start menu and then select "Control Panel."
- In the Control Panel, find and click on "Clock, Language, and Region."
- Under the "Region and Language" section, click on "Change keyboards or other input methods."
- In the Keyboards and Languages tab, click on the "Change keyboards" button.
- Here, you can add and remove keyboard layouts. Make sure to add English (Australia) or English (United States) and set it as the default keyboard.
2. Repair Install:
- Unfortunately, Windows 7 does not have a repair install option like Windows XP. However, you can perform a clean installation or use System Restore to restore your system to a previous state where the keyboard layout was working correctly.
If changing the keyboard layout does not resolve the issue, you may want to check the physical keyboard to ensure there are no stuck keys or hardware-related problems causing the incorrect input.
Feel free to try adjusting the keyboard settings as mentioned, and if the issue persists, you can consider further troubleshooting steps or a system restore to a point where the keyboard was functioning correctly. Let me know if you need further assistance!