Windows Vista Keyboard Won't Work When Installing

I think one way the guy fixed it was he repartitioned everything and cleared it. So you partition it with nothing but the Bios.

I think one way the guy fixed it was he repartitioned everything and cleared it. So you partition it with nothing but the Bios.

I have tried it... it was one of the first things I tried and also the latest one.

Before the last one, I booted from a boot manager application, found on the Ubuntu community - Link Removed - Invalid URL, that was supposed to recover the Windows MBR. It seams like it did it, I lost the dual boot and kept just Windows XP running.

Then deleted every partition and created a new NTFS one, tried to boot Vista DVD with both SATA controllers activated on the Bios and with its driver on the usb-memory but got the same error. No keyboard, no mouse.

Darren22, by your statement, I believe that somehow Dell got the notebook blocked to Vista, since it was sold with Linux. Doesn't make any sense to me why they would do that, but if you say that the guy needed to open the notebook to install Vista, it seems to me like that.

If someone have an opinion or suggestion, I would like very much to know. But I am getting tired of this and about to give up on Vista once for all.

By the way, Dell haven't contacted me yesterday, like they said they would.

Thanks

Back