Windows 10 100% Disk Usage Problem

DunceLocker

Hello,

So like many other people on the internet, I have encountered a problem where my disk is running at 100% capacity. Now unlike many other people who have encountered this issue, mine doesn't necessarily linger on the 100% for more than minute when doing nothing, rather my disk will jump to 100% when I start doing things. For instance, when I run a game it will shut my computer down if it processes for too long, or if start surfing the web, watching a video, in the task manager it shoots up to 100% disk usage, when it is only running maybe 1-5 mb on the disk.

I have tried to many of the fixes that people have suggested on the internet, but have not seen any improvement on the matter. I don't know if this is something to do with the Fall Creator's Update or just something local on my disk.

If you guys have any ideas or need more info to accurately describe the situation, let me know. I can use all the help I can get.

Thank you.

Hi,
how much free space is left on the disk?

If the amount is less than 20% then you may see the symptoms you describe..

Try checking what processes are running at the time of high usage by either using Task manager or the more advanced 'Process Monitor':
Process Monitor - Windows Sysinternals

Check the drive using Seatools

This sounds like multiple issues. The shutting down during game play could indicate an overheating problem. The disk contention could simply be due to a disk optimization task or background process. You could download Process Explorer and enable READ I/O WRITE I/O columns and sort by them. From there you should be able to track down the process.

Back
Top Bottom