Windows Vista 2 minutes installed and I already screwed it up :)

ripcurlksm

Hi everyone, just installed Windows 7. I opened my "Personalize" window to change my desktop background and I was messing around (testing the new click/drag to position windows) and I somehow threw my "Personalize" window to the far right off my screen! I can not get to it.

I can see its open in the new task bar area, so I close it. When I re-open it, it opens in the same place I left it off screen! I also try to open my "Control Panel" and the same issue persists, the window is open to the far right off my screen!

Please help! I've had this installed for 2 minutes and I've already messed it up. Is there a way I can tile all of the windows or reset the window positions?

Regards,
Kevin

Why don't you use the monitor controls to move the screen in the direction you want? You could then grab the window and re position it..

Hi kem, thanks for your time :)

I just tried that, when i move the screen over, it is just a black space and the desktop ends... I still can not see the window that is off my screen. :(

Edit: Half Life rules!

Just got it!

1. Make sure the window is active like when you just open the window.

2. Press Alt+Space

3. Press your Down key once

4. Press Enter

5. Press Down key again

6. Now move the mouse to where you want to place the window.

Excellent! Thanks for sharing the tip..:)

Oh, and yes Half-Life does indeed rock! :cool:

Hey I'm new

What's up everyone, my name is Shaun. I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. I hope I posted this in the right section!

Back
Top Bottom