Windows 7 2 specific websites which wont load

niiiro

Hello all,

I'm having some weird problem - probably caused by a virus or something.

Anyway, I have scanned my computer, with 2 different Anti-Trojan applications, both found many infected items and removed it. now everything seems to be cleaned.

Thing is, while trying to load google.com or bing.com - both sites wont load - it just hangs. I tried from 3 various browsers.

When I put both sites IP addresses in the host file - it works!

How can I get rid of this hassle???

Thanks in advanced.

Nir.

Since you have been in the host file, you already know if there are any other entries that misdirect.

Perhaps open a command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns will get rid of something. Before you do that, you may want
to try ipconfig /displaydns to see if entries for those sites are included.

Thanks for your reply guys but it didn't solve the problem. Although I'm 100% sure it's a DNS related issue - I can't manage to solve it. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

If it is DNS, you should be able to enter an IP address and get to the site. I got this one from pinging a google site, but there may be a site closer to you. Let us know if it does get you there.

If it is DNS, you should be able to enter an IP address and get to the site. I got this one from pinging a google site, but there may be a site closer to you. Let us know if it does get you there.

Yes, it works.

Well then, what might be causing the problem. Possibly a Browser Helper Object. You might try running Hijack This to see if one shows up you do not recognize. The following site has the download and a video describing the utility.

Trend Micro HijackThis - CNET Download.com

You have already confirmed it is not the host file, or one of the others in that folder. This would have been the first place I looked.

Some type of virus, and since you stated you had that experience, there may still be something there.

Does your router, or some other part of your network have some type of firewall?

Maybe your DNS servers are not set up correctly? This would seem strange, but I suppose there could be a situation where the server had not been updated.

Back
Top Bottom