Windows 10 269,000 Plus Files

rejlocal22

Can this amount of files be normal. I just ran a virus scan and it stated that my files are ok. My notebook has been running slow and sometimes I cannot make a connection. Can my software and applications be the cause of this many files?

Cleanup junk files with tools like CCleaner and System Ninja.

Check for malwares - Roguekiller, adwcleaner, MBAM

Check for fragmentation and defrag if required (Not to be done on SSD)

Remove unnecessary programs from startup

Check that the partitions have at least 20-25% of free space

Uninstall crap that comes pre-installed with OEM Windows (If you know how to identify the crap that laptop manufacturers bundle with the OS, you can remove them manually. Else, use tools like PC Decrapifier

There is no norm for number of files. Having hundreds of thousands of files is not really unusual.

Thanks,
I have Ccleaner and use it about 3 times a week. I also used it to delete about 12 to 15 applications. I also noticed my internet connection was weak and that caused some sites to not respond or took too long to respond. This was most lilely caused by the unsettled weather.

3rd tools are often detrimental to the stability of the system and are not needed nor recommended. Even Microsoft doesn't recommend them. Storage sense should clean out most of the common temp locations these days.

Back