Windows 7 3 BSOD after install BattleField 3 and latest GPU driver 285.62

kevinlzs

3 BSOD after install BattleField 3 & GPU river 285.62 (NEED HELP)!!!d

View attachment CUP.jpgView attachment 111011-21871-01.zipView attachment 111011-21855-01.zipView attachment 111011-20904-01.zipSystem: Windows 7 64 bit (up to date)
CPU: AMD 1090t (Auto oc 37xx mhz)
Ram: Patriot PVV38G2000ELK 4Gx2 (9-11-9-27 on DRam frequency 18xx mhz)
MOBO: M4a89td Pro/Usb (Bios 1902)
Sound: on board RealTek HD (driver up to date)
GPU: Inno3d Geforce GTX 570 1280mb (driver:285.62)

I built this system on around mid 2010. It was running fine without any crash/BSOD at all.(with the same configuation setting above, except the Gpu driver)

I can run all kinds of FPS games without any problem "no crash/BSOD" at all until....BF3

After I installed BF3 and update the Graphic driver 285.62, i have all sorts of crash & BSOD.
It crashs during game, BSOD during game, after restart windows and even system not running any apps or anything.

I reinstall windows 3 times and also updated with all latest drivers, it doesnt work.

Guys please help me out, I am kind of desperate now. I just wanna play BF3...

By the way I run Memtest on default setting, test result passed.

I am curretly reset bios to default ..... so tired tonight.

Guys let me know if you need any addtional info like screen shots of CPUz or anything that might help. I will get it posted tomorrow night.

3 zips of BSOD, and 2 PIC of default setting attached, sorry i forgot to take screen shoot on the OC settings (the old settings), if you needed i can tuned it back and post it tomorrow. Memory.jpgView attachment CUP.jpgTACH]

Last edited:
Re: 3 BSOD after install BattleField 3 & GPU river 285.62 (NEED HELP)!!!d

View attachment 111111-24492-01.zip
hi Guys,

just got home and started computer for like 10mins.

have another BSOD. please help. zip file attached.

my pc is now under default bios setting, cpuz screen shot above, provided yesterday.

thanks.

Last edited:

Hi

May I suggest before we do anything you update to service pack 1. Also as you're overclocking try turning off cool&quiet.

Last edited:

Hi

May I suggest before we do anything you update to service pack 1. Also as you're overclocking try turning off cool&quiet.

Feed back time.

I took your advise, it was a good one.

installed SP1, and disabled Cool&quite.

so far the previous happened BSOD didnt come back to me yet.

but couple Regitry_error BSOD did happen druing windows update stage.
zipfile attached.

I will keep testing it, and give more feedbacks next week.

but I would like to say thank you. I think that really is the Service pack issue. but i will keep testing until further solid prove.

:)View attachment 111311-37565-01.zipView attachment 111311-35147-01.zip

Hi kevinlzs.

STOP 0x0000001A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Usual causes:
Device driver, memory, kernel.

Your latest dump file lists ntkrnlmp.exe as the probable cause. This is a Windows System file and for it to be the cause of your crash is highly unlikely.
Old and incompatible drivers can and do cause issues with Windows 7, often giving false error codes. Random stop codes can often indicate hardware issues.
Keep following the advice given by nmsuk, but here are some drivers you really need to update.

Drivers that pre-date Windows 7. Update:

anodlwfx.sys Fri Mar 06 10:10:08 2009 ALPHA Networks Filter Driver

GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 13:17:04 2009 Gear Software CD-ROM Class Filter Driver v4.015.1 (Feb 2010). Also loads with iTunes

jraid.sys Mon Jan 11 11:28:18 2010 JMicron Raid Driver June '11

LHidFilt.Sys Fri Sep 21 12:05:39 2007
LMouFilt.Sys Fri Sep 21 12:05:43
2007 Logitech SetPoint HID Filter Drivers.

Drivers with Updates:

nusb3hub.sys Fri Jan 22 03:22:18 2010
nusb3xhc.sys Fri Jan 22 03:22:21 2010
Go to your Motherboard Mfr. Support website and update your USB 3.0 drivers. A June 2011 set are available Here.

Rt64win7.sys Thu Mar 04 13:42:52 2010 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller v7.048 If you're unsure about manually installing drivers then choose the Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (SID:1469821) option to download.

RTKVHD64.sys Fri Jan 29 06:48:35 2010 Realtek HD Audio R2.66

I would also seriously suggest uninstalling your 360 Anti-virus and replacing with bsod friendly Link Removed due to 404 Error until your blue screens are resolved. You can then re-install the 360 Anti-virus if you want.

HTH.

Last edited:

Could you also in the bios, set your command rate to 2 and if the bsods continue set your ddr voltage to 1.60V

thanks you so much for both of you (NMSUK & ELMER)

I will try update it and make the change tonight when I back home.

and feedback may be on Wednesday. Thanks heaps guys.

Hi kevinlzs.

STOP 0x0000001A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Usual causes:
Device driver, memory, kernel.

Your latest dump file lists ntkrnlmp.exe as the probable cause. This is a Windows System file and for it to be the cause of your crash is highly unlikely.
Old and incompatible drivers can and do cause issues with Windows 7, often giving false error codes. Random stop codes can often indicate hardware issues.
Keep following the advice given by nmsuk, but here are some drivers you really need to update.

Drivers that pre-date Windows 7. Update:

anodlwfx.sys Fri Mar 06 10:10:08 2009 ALPHA Networks Filter Driver - not sure how to up date this one.

GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 13:17:04 2009 Gear Software CD-ROM Class Filter Driver v4.015.1 (Feb 2010). Also loads with iTunes - up dated

jraid.sys Mon Jan 11 11:28:18 2010 JMicron Raid Driver June '11 - updated

LHidFilt.Sys Fri Sep 21 12:05:39 2007
LMouFilt.Sys Fri Sep 21 12:05:43
2007 Logitech SetPoint HID Filter Drivers. - updated

Drivers with Updates:

nusb3hub.sys Fri Jan 22 03:22:18 2010
nusb3xhc.sys Fri Jan 22 03:22:21 2010
Go to your Motherboard Mfr. Support website and update your USB 3.0 drivers. A June 2011 set are available Here. - updated

Rt64win7.sys Thu Mar 04 13:42:52 2010 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller v7.048 If you're unsure about manually installing drivers then choose the Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (SID:1469821) option to download. - updated (windows updated itself)

RTKVHD64.sys Fri Jan 29 06:48:35 2010 Realtek HD Audio R2.66 -updated

I would also seriously suggest uninstalling your 360 Anti-virus and replacing with bsod friendly Link Removed due to 404 Error until your blue screens are resolved. You can then re-install the 360 Anti-virus if you want.

removed 360.

HTH.

all updated except alpha network filter driver. not sure how to download it.

I did not turn off machine from Monday to Tuesday, regular BSOD didnt come back.

but it does have 2 BSOD with no title. I could only record the message of something about Ntfs.sys error, and it rebooted itself. and plus i could not found any *.dmp file record in minidmp folder. very strange. first bsod happen when i was afk, i dont know what was the message, it didnt record anything in minidmp. the Second one is the Ntfs.sys during BF3 in game.

dont know whats happening.

please help? thanks heaps.

hi Elmer,

I have done all the updates except the Alpha network filter driver, i am not sure how to download it from the website link you provide. sorry.

good new, previous BSOD didnt come back for 2 days, i didnt turn PC off for 2 days.
however there are 1 self reboot, i was afk, not sure its BSOD cause or not, the minidmp folder dont have any records.
the 2nd one is a BSOD with no Title. but i do writen 1 message before it reboot: NTFS.SYS something cause the error.
i was trying to found the minidmp, its not there, there are nothing in minidmp folder. omg.
The 2nd bsod was happening during BF3 running in game. (also the first time i run BF3 within 2days)

not sure which software not up to date or what was happening?

please help? may be some ideas? thanks you so much.

Could you also in the bios, set your command rate to 2 and if the bsods continue set your ddr voltage to 1.60V

hi Nmsuk,

I did as you told, command rate is 2 now, and set ddr to 1.6v.

like i say so far have only 2 BSOD without title, but have a NTFS.SYS msg in it.

pretty lost now.

but thanks for the help guys.

just give me a hand again. :) appreciated.

err. sorry i may double reply......

ok, even i dont have the minidmp file, i have the SF diagnostic tool zip files. yes.

here is the attachment.

Attachments

• Seven Forums.zip
    629.7 KB · Views: 367

I've found a couple of thing for you to try.

Can you uninstall asus ai suite ans asus Turbo V Evo. These programs really don't help with troubleshooting. They could also be the cause of your bsods.

Last edited:

hi Nmsuk,

i will uninstall those 2 apps you suggest, right before i enter the forum, another BSOD happen during loading game BF3.

also Untiteled : Dxgmms1.sys this time.

><" ok, i am off to uninstall now.

Hi Kevin, can you just check your dump files settings haven't mysteriously changed?
To Enable Minidumps:

1. Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
  2. Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery > Settings... button.
  3. Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
  4. Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
  5. Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
  6. OK your way out.
  7. Reboot if changes have been made.
The *.dmp files are located at C:\Windows\Minidump. Until a *.dmp file is generated, the Minidump folder may not exist.

Thanks Elmer,

it does changed, i have now enable the minidumps.

waiting for the next BSOD coming ><".

i was almost thing that i got over this BSOD.

so when i start thinking of that, it comes back, how ironic. lol

just experienced a BSOD during BF3 game playing.

strange enough, after i modify the setting of minidump, it still does not have any thing record or saved in the minidump folder, and this time was titled.

i know its too bad to have it for troubleshoot.
[h=3]PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA[/h]
may be next time i should use my phone to take a picture lol

omg another BSOD. where is my minidump???

titled: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

this time i took a picture

Attachments

• 2011-11-17 21.52.49.jpg
    2011-11-17 21.52.49.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 511

You really need to run memtest on each stick and to test eac stick in each slot on the mobo. Time consuming and a pain but needs to be done.

Back