Windows 7 32 bit XP in XP Mode?

sprite

Hi guys:) I have a question about this XP Mode in Windows 7.7100. On the Microsoft's website it says that the XP is SP3 and that it is 32-bit. Well I downloaded everything and installed and I see that this XP only has 16-bit color mode and when I go to setting only 16-bit option is there. How to make my XP in XP Mode 32-bit??

It is a virtual environment, I doubt Microsoft is going to let you use so many resources so that you can use the XPVM to play games or other process intensive apps.

I tried installing video drivers for the Quadro in xp and got no changes. in fact I installed all of the drivers for the laptop and got no changes in the virtual environment at all.

Hi guys:) I have a question about this XP Mode in Windows 7.7100. On the Microsoft's website it says that the XP is SP3 and that it is 32-bit. Well I downloaded everything and installed and I see that this XP only has 16-bit color mode and when I go to setting only 16-bit option is there. How to make my XP in XP Mode 32-bit??

It's the Virtual Video driver and is probably OK for running typical old legacy apps -- however I do wish it had been 32 bit colour as well -- makes fonts look better with clear type also.

Incidentally if you "disable Integration" from the tools when you've got the Virtual PC up (in Windowed - not full screen mode) you can then set the display to 32 bit colour. You can then switch to full screen etc.

Note you lose the direct integration -- you won't see the Host drives etc. When integration is "switched off" the virtual PC behaves just like a "classical" VM --same as those running under VMWARE / VBOX etc.

At any time you can re-enable the Integration again either from the menu panel (in Windowed mode) or by re-booting the virtual machine.

Cheers
jimbo

Back