Windows 7 32bit graphical/cyan transparency issue

xanek

hi, I'm having a sort of strange and isolated graphical issue with win7 32bit version.

I play this online game that is kind of old and outdated. It uses cyan as the transparency color and for some reason, since I installed windows 7, I haven't been able to play this game as windows isn't properly reading cyan as the transparency color, and therefor there are these giant blocks of cyan where the regular graphics should be.

Anyone know whats up?

I'm using an acer apsireone netbook, with intel gma 500 for netbooks. I don't think the lack of a better computer is the problem, because I could play it fine before I installed windows 7. I also don't believe its the same files itself, as I just copied the game files straight over from my old HD. And when that didn't work I re-downloaded the game files and encountered the same issues.

The game administrators believe it to be a windows 7 issue, or perhaps specifically a 32 bit issue as other win7 users run the game fine.

thanks for any advice!

Have you tried running the game in 'compatibility mode'? Just right-click on the start-up exe, choose properties and then compatibility. Try setting it for XP SP3 and see how you go..

Yes, I have tried running it in compatibility mode. I've also checked to make sure that all of my drivers are updated. I forget what all else I've tried. :/

its called legends of kesmai. its run privately, and i'd be surprised if anyone here has heard of it.

Back