Windows 7 Graphical issues with Windows 7 64-Bit

SmilerAl

Hey guys, I've recently built my PC and installed Windows 7 64-Bit as my OS, since then though I've uncounted many graphical problems with my games and on desktop. The issues are shown below (picture and video not of my own setup, but are the same issue). The graphic issues in game happens on every game I have tried (Bioshock 2, Crysis 64, TF2, HL2, L4D1+2, Oblivion, F3).
Here are my PC specs too just in case that's part of the issue:

Case: Coolermaster HAF 922 Mid Tower Case
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
CPU: Intel Core i7-920
RAM:Corsair Dominator XM3 PC3-12800
Graphics Card:Radeon HD 5750
PSU:Antec 850W Truepower
HDD: Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB

I'd appreciate any one letting me know what's the issue and how to fix it.

http://www.upload.ee/image/87124/VIGANE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it so hard to get a clear answer on this forum? Surely some one in all their time using W7 would have picked up some knowledge to help me out?

Welcome to the forums, SmilerAI. :)

1. Try latest Catalyst version if you haven't already
2. Make sure to have your monitor driver installed
3. When you are updating a driver, follow these steps - uninstall it first, reboot, install new version, reboot
4. Update DirectX
5. Update your system

Did you contact AMD support?

I've used Driver Genius Professional to check and install all my drivers, so I'll be looking to contact them soon.

10.2, On the site it specifies for Windows 7 64-Bit systems.

I've got the HD5770 and I had issues with the 10.2 drivers , unfortunately in my experience radeon drivers leave a little to be desired in compatibility and stability with windows 7 at the moment :frown:

personally I prefer the 9.12 :)

apart from that I think your looking at the game engine and are at the beck and call of any updates the game makers might bring out ?

Hmm damn, one thing I've noticed that the graphic issues eventually go away on most games, however the fact that I have them in the first place and on the desktop is annoying.

So did you try a different Catalyst version, maybe one that came on your support cd, is the behavior all the same ? The one you get on the support CD may be better optimized for your video card.

Did you try settings in ATI Catalyst Control Panel, like Monitor Panel Properties, Display options, Refresh Rate:

TweakGuides.com - ATI Catalyst Tweak Guide

If adjusting the refresh rate doesn't help, then maybe you can try a different monitor connection?

(We take it that your card is not overclocked)

So did you try a different Catalyst version, maybe one that came on your support cd, is the behavior all the same ? The one you get on the support CD may be better optimized for your video card.

Did you try settings in ATI Catalyst Control Panel, like Monitor Panel Properties, Display options, Refresh Rate:

TweakGuides.com - ATI Catalyst Tweak Guide

If adjusting the refresh rate doesn't help, then maybe you can try a different monitor connection?

(We take it that your card is not overclocked)

Thanks I'll try that when I get some free time later tonight. And no it isn't overclocked, didn't want to push anything until I fixed the current issues.

I have this issue with the game Witcher enhanced.
All games so far no probs. But witcher is on big artifact.

Windows 7 64 bit.
5850 Sapphire
i7-920
6 Gb Geil 160o

Bought components 2 monts ago. You think its a driver issue?

CODMW2, DragonAge, Divinity have no problems whatsoever.
Witcher is the first game dispolaying these issues.

Have you tried locating the executable file, choose properties, click the Compatibility tab and run it in XP mode. There are other modifications you can make here.

Back