403 - Forbidden

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help and Support' started by Fred44, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Fred44

Fred44 New Member

I had this website saved in my favorites and have used it frequently. Today I tried to log on and got the following message:

403 - Forbidden
    I tried pulling up the file you requested, but the server complained that you don't have permission to access this document on this server.

looknohands.com | chord house :::

I Googled 403 - Forbidden but from what I can gather there doesn't seem to be an easy fix. I just went through my "Favorites" list site by site and this is the only one that displays this message. I did get an add (RegCure), which said something like "Fix 403 - Forbidden once and for all", but I get a link to RegCure every time I google a computer problem. I actually even downloaded the "free" version once which did a scan and found hundreds of problems and then tried to sell me the software. I immediately uninstalled RegCure. It may be a good product...maybe someone here will know. right now I'd really like to reslove the 403 - Forbidden problem with this "looknohands.com" site. I'm a music teacher and I use it with guitar students all the time. It's a site that displays diagrams of guitar chords. Anybody know how to fix the 403 problem? (I also can't access by typing the URL in the address bar) Thanks.

Fred

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

I tried to access the site and instantly got a warning about nasty code... Maybe it's worth staying away..

3. Fred44

Fred44 New Member

Thanks for the warning. any further action I should take?

4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

I guess the site must be using certain code which is now considered unsafe.. It may be worth googling for another site with similar content.

Also a check with a spyware scanner would be prudent.