Windows 7 64 bit Vista

lorenkjr1

Extraordinary Member
Well it's up and running though not at all complete yet. Memory was a piece cake, and I now have 3.3 gig's usable. The Vista 64 bit at least in my opinion is a lot faster than 32bit. I still can only crank up the cpu to 2.38 ghz. But, I know the reason why now. Intel puts a lock on their cpu multipliers, so that part can not be changed at least with the E2180.

While hardware and software drivers is not a big problem with 64 bit vista, your everyday software may well be. Just one example is I use Internet Explorer. I like Roboform for logging into Websites. Roboform has no clue as to working with 64 bit Vista. Checking their Website indicates nothing as to when a 64 bit version will be ready. Oh well, back to the drawing boards.

Thanks superbill I will look at that right away. I was kinda of surprised at how limiting 64bit Vista is with older 32 bit software. Some will not even boot, and some give you sorry about that messages.

You'll like this one.
[email protected] to me
show details 4:17 PM (19 minutes ago) Reply

Dear Loren K. Olson Jr.,
Thank you for your message.
We have reviewed and responded to your message "Does Roboform" (#221568).
If you wish to reply you can do so by clicking the link below:
Link Removed due to 404 Error
Please DO NOT reply to this email, as only replies using the web
interface of RoboForm Support System will be answered.
These are the messages in the support ticket, including the reply (2 last messages):
====================================================================
Ruba replied (2009/01/06 04:16 pm EST):
Thank you for your message.
We are sorry, but RoboForm only works in 32-bit mode on 64-bit operating systems.
This means that RoboForm can then only work with 32-bit web browsers such as the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer.
So please start Internet Explorer in 32-bit mode and then you can use RoboForm normally.
We plan to migrate RoboForm to 64-bit mode, but this does not have high priority yet.
You wrote (2009/01/06 03:38 pm EST):
Work with the 64bit Internet Explorer?

My standard installation has been Vista 64 bit, from the start. Truth is, I was a little lazy at searching for 64 bit programs. I have 37 32 bit programs running in the OS, with absolutely no sign of any problems. The only one which gave trouble, mainly because it is badly supported by plugins such as Java, was - lol - Microsoft IE8 64 bit.

Well I am not complaing too much as I would assume it will have to only get better. But, I am miffed that certain things do not have the support that I would have expected. There's nothing wrong with using 32 bit IE on the 64 bit machine as it's quite fast and well behaved. However, the 64 bit IE seems a little bit faster and I sure would like to use it if all the support I would like to have was only there for it. I really like the more memory available now, as it makes it easier to run everything I want to. And I do not have to worry about do I have enough memory to run it.

Back