Windows 7 7061 x64 has it been leaked?

CoreI7

I've seen the Build 7061 32bit leaked but not the 64bit? Has the 7061 64bit been leaked? and what are the changes?

so i dont want the iso with the virus? some would say that windows is a virus, and that linux will be the cure, i say windows 10 will be the cure as it should be virus proof as it will not be compatable with previous versions of windows 140 percent new.

I have no idea what the hell either of you are talking about, but 7057 is the latest publicly findable leak.
7061 and 7063 are only available to official testers and high up users at the moment.

Actually I saw the torrent for 7061 x86 posted somewhere, it was 2.6 GB. Obviously it was a fake, was only 7048 and a nasty virus. Dont download it

I have a torrent copy of 7061 32 bit that is only 580 MB. I figured that something wasn't right, so even though it has been scanned repeatedly for virus and has passed inspection, I didn't attempt to install it. 2.6 GB sounds about right according to previous versions that I have seen. (Maybe I need your version, loathe.) 7057 is doing fine for me, although I really do not see any significant differences amoung 7000, 7022 and 7057.

i like having the latest builds. i know ms is working on windows 8 and would love to have that build as well.... i am a build junkie my name is coreI7..... i have found 7061 but did not know of the other newer builds.... i must google them....

OK, I thank you for the advice. I can easily pass it by. Wonder what the 580 MB thing is that I have. I have it burned to CD, but I don't intend to try to install it.

I have no idea what the hell either of you are talking about, but 7057 is the latest publicly findable leak.
7061 and 7063 are only available to official testers and high up users at the moment.

7061 IS out in the wild (but only at the moment x-86) but give the torrents a rest.

Don't be put off by the size of the iso -- of course you need the official checksum and sha1 to ensure "Provenance" of the build but compression algorithms can be pretty good these days.

There's a full highly compressed version of Office 2003 floating around called MSOFFICE LITE PRONTO which was only 73 MB - yet it expanded fine.

This near the official RC I'm going to wait -- not interested anyway in any more x-86 installations.
Sometimes I think people get infected by a bad dose of "Build-itis".

I'll only change my mind if these builds offer some Earth shattering improvements -- The ONLY 2 apps I have a problem with W7 X-64 anyway is that on a laptop I can't NOT ANYWAY get the built in VIA VELOCITY family gigabit etherernet Lan card to work (didn't work on VISTA X-64 either) and a Hauppage WIN TV application.

For the TV card Windows Media Center works (although no composite) and Hauppage (on their site) are actively working on a W7 version and for the Lan card (windows reports driver working correctly but never works -- always get "Limited Connectivity" and all the IPV6 / registry fixes don't work) I'm using either Wireless or a USB==>LAN adapter.

I can't see anything now appearing that we don't already have other than more drivers etc --which will be publically available in due course anyway.

Cheers
jimbo

7061 IS out in the wild (but only at the moment x-86) but give the torrents a rest.
jimbo

Prove it.
'Cause if it was out in the wild, there's about a .01% chance I wouldn't know about it.
PS; As for compression, even with military grade compression, you can't get 7057 x86 past 1.8 GB, so good luck with that. Windows OS' are usually already compressed before they're put in ISO, that's why you see "Extracting files" when installing Windows.

For office, it's more than possible due to file types used, for Windows, uh, no. (Unless of course, you use a 'cutting' program to remove features and programs, such as vlite).

Last edited:
Prove it.
'Cause if it was out in the wild, there's about a .01% chance I wouldn't know about it.
PS; As for compression, even with military grade compression, you can't get 7057 x86 past 1.8 GB, so good luck with that. Windows OS' are usually already compressed before they're put in ISO, that's why you see "Extracting files" when installing Windows.

For office, it's more than possible due to file types used, for Windows, uh, no. (Unless of course, you use a 'cutting' program to remove features and programs, such as vlite).

Hi there
I'm not sure how small you can compress Windows into -- but it can be compressed down from the standard distribution. Not sure by how much however -- certainly CAB files aren't the "tightest" compressionavailable..

The Office Lite package compresses around 10 times to it's "uncompressed " value
Loads have been "fake" -- there's so many "different builds" allegedly out there now I think perhaps it would be better for EVERYONE to wait now for the RC.

Does look like the 7061 (plus loads of the other "builds" seem to be of dubious provenance (i.e probably fake) -- The 7061 I though was on a Chinese site but that seems to have gone now.

With so many "builds" appearing it's probably best now just to wait for the official RC (won't be too much longer).

7048 / 7057 seem to give most of what people want together wit a MAR 2010 expiry instead of Aug.

BTW VISTA SP2 also only lasts until Apr 2010 and has the watermark Windows Vista(TM) Evaluation copy Build 6002 -- which is a bit annoying to see on a copy of VISTA that you PAID for -- the SP2 can expire without labelling itself as evaluation software surely.

Cheers
jimbo

i like having the latest builds. i know ms is working on windows 8 and would love to have that build as well.... i am a build junkie my name is coreI7..... i have found 7061 but did not know of the other newer builds.... i must google them....

Cough.. ok lol.

Back