Windows 7 7068 x86 leaked?

My desktop likes 7068 32 bit and is satisfied that it is real and the 64 bit is also listed right alongside the 32 bit version one day later.

Finishing the install now, will have a poke around and see once its done. Interesting.. Its \"Windows 7 Professional\".

Theres a feature I havent noticed before in the Control Panel, \"Windows Anytime Upgrade\". Its description is \"A conveinient and affordable way to upgrade windows\".

I have this in Vista Business 64 bit SP1. Leads to this link:
Get Windows Vista: Windows Anytime Upgrade
(essentially selling upgrades to Vista Ulimate)

I am curious to know, where does it take you in W7 build 7068? Assume it will be a similar page...but I am wondering if the page is active yet...
Cheers,
David

Last edited:
can somebody send me a private message and send the link to the torrent for the new beta?

thanks

I have this in Vista Business 64 bit SP1. Leads to this link:
Get Windows Vista: Windows Anytime Upgrade
(essentially selling upgrades to Vista Ulimate)

I am curious to know, where does it take you in W7 build 7068? Assume it will be a similar page...but I am wondering if the page is active yet...
Cheers,
David

I remember clicking on that back when the 7000 Home Premiums leaked, and it took me to a similar page. I'm having a little trouble remembering, but I think when I put in my ultimate disc to upgrade, it made me go through that link before it would access the DVD for the upgrade. Haven't been able to replicate it, because all of the upgrades since have been from Ultimate to Ultimate (different builds).

isnt upgrading the worst way to go about it... clean install is much better. i might install 7068 tonight. im using 7057 now. i fixed the desktop.ini bug myself too :)

I'd like to know that two, as my all-in-one HP Officejet is not supported by HP for Win 7 scanning.

ASIK it should be included in scanner-software (isn't it in fact the scanner-driver?)... Regarding software - I have to use the XP-software and drivers for my stoneage HP scanner en printer (LaserJet 5L on a networked PC and ScanJet 4200c on USB) - for which HP has stopped offering support ages ago. But it works on my build 7068! And it has found the driver for the printer automatically...

I ran search in the Windows folder and found both twain.dll and twain_32.dll. But I don't know whether they came with the Windows installation or by installing the Scannersoftware (HP PrecicionScan LT Software).

I haven't tried scanning in this build, but in build 7022, I had problems with the HP software, but scanning with Adobe PS and Acrobat (CS¤) it worked. I also installed a Filmstrip scanner with XP-compatible software (CyberviewX_MF), and it ran without problems.

Last edited:
Lause, I would be interested in more detail as to how you got your ScanJet 4200c scanner to work in build 7068. I have an old 4200c that has refused to work even on XP. I thought, and still suspect, that it is a problem with the scanner, but I would be willing to give it another try with 7068 (which I am currently using). Did you install the driver from the install disc that came with the scanner or did Windows recognize the scanner and install the driver automatically? There are some things for which I just prefer a stand-alone flatbed scanner over a multi-purpose scanner/printer/copier. It just works better when you have numerous photos to scan, etc. I also still have a Mustek 600EP scanner that went obsolete with XP. I wonder if it might work with Windows 7. (I also still have a wireless keyboard that I am unable to get the driver for on anything past Windows 95.)

Just a note here for the XP fans listening in. The "Vista" incompatibility problem started several years before Vista. It was with XP that Microsoft decided that "planned obsolesce" would net them more money than "backward compatibility", not Vista.

BUILD 7070 who has this build?

Hello have the latest one that leaked out on bit torrent and it is real! I also have the 7000 and I can tell you they have made some changes to the new build which some say it may be the RC1 coming in May. I back up my stuff on a external hard drive so I am not worried about loosing anything. I bought software that if my hard drive goes it gets back my stuff, it works great! I am having fun with the lasts release not sure how long it will last for but will be buying this new OS. Love the background pics that come with it and the way you can change the colors and the networking works like a breeze! Yes!:) for some reason I am not able to incert a picture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom