Windows 7 7106 out...but only in Chinese

blackroseMD1

Extraordinary Member
So, there are torrents out for both flavors of 7106. I assumed it was fake, but I extracted part of the ISO, and every file I checked said 7106. According to a guy on one forum, the english versions were supposed to leak next, but the original leaker has disappeared.

Seems to be a few fake ones about, so be carefull.

Does this version have the device sage thingy? As it has been missing right since Build 700 (Public Beta). The RC must have that in, so just waiting on build 7100 which should be the RC right? Then I am downloading!

Well, this one is real...I have it installed in a VM...can't read Chinese though, so it's pretty much worthless

Anything new except support for more devices and the slightly altered Paint GUI?

I'll let you know when I take a look around...right now I'm trying to modify it with English language packs.

I don't think I'd bother downloading this leak.. the English version will be released officially very soon and I'm sure it'll be leaked sooner.. ;) But hopefully it works as well as I suspect it will.. :)

Yeah, I'm just about ready to give up on this build....supposedly an english version is gonna come out, but this one has been pretty much mangled.

According to Neowin, English builds have been leaked;

7106.0.090408-1623_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRC1CULFRER_EN_DVD.iso
7106.0.090408-1623_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRC1CULXFRER_EN_DVD.iso

Code:
http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/04/12/windows-7-build-7106-leaked

Eh, whatever, if the english versions are going to leak, then they will leak soon. If not, they won't.

Eh, whatever, if the english versions are going to leak, then they will leak soon. If not, they won't.

Sorry dude, diden't mean for that to sound like a random answer. I'm not sure if they have actually appeared, apart from that Neowin front page post about it I can't find any decent evidence of anything other then the Chinese version's having appeared. Like you say, if there going to appear then hopefully they will in the next 24/48 hours.. :)

Well, this one is real...I have it installed in a VM...can't read Chinese though, so it's pretty much worthless

Didn't install but yeah it's real.

Wish I could find the English version!:mad:

EDIT: Or read chinese
lets see what the fastest way of learning Chinese is!?!?!?

LOL:D

Last edited:
I don't think the English versions are out yet, they are 'reported' to be today (13th) but I think I might stick with 7077.

I don't think the English versions are out yet, they are 'reported' to be today (13th) but I think I might stick with 7077.

Yeah they are out.
I have to install it on my second computer because on you have to wipe the hdd (unless you already had chinese) and there are still little bits of chinese because it was a tweak to the chinese version, and I need my PC.

If you need the link go to windows7center.com

Last edited:
The one reported on windows7center.com is not english. It is the Chinese installation with a English language pack. That is why its not all converted and by the sounds of it, not that great. I think I will sick with 7077 till I found 7100.

The one reported on windows7center.com is not english. It is the Chinese installation with a English language pack. That is why its not all converted and by the sounds of it, not that great. I think I will sick with 7077 till I found 7100.

Correct.
But there are a lot of helpful fixs so don't judge it so soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom