Windows 7 7137 vs 7232 x64 vs 7260 x86

SeriouslyPunked

I've currently got the 64-bit 7137 build of windows 7 installed, and now that a newer rtm build won't be arriving for another couple of weeks, i've been contemplating installing one of the newer builds, either 7232 x64 or 7260 x86.

I was wondering whether anyone could tell me the differences between my currently installed build and either of these newer ones, such as speed, bugs, compatibility etc. More specifically i'm wondering whether i would notice any performance or stability issues if i revert back to a 32-bit build, considering it is a newer version than the latest 64-bit build and i only have 2gb's of ram anyway.

i doubt that you will get very many answers to a question like this, as first, very few people remember the exact performance of their older builds, to compare it to the newer ones, other than to say that they like the new one, and second, most people will just tell you to upgrade and find out for yourself, like everyone else did. however, i would recommend staying with x64 over the 32 bit sys. it will always be faster and you can use ready boost, or add more ram. although it will run fine with 2 gigs.

yeah i figured as much seeing as not many others had received many replies to similar threads ... anyway i've installed 7260 just because its part of the rtm stream, while 7232 wasn't (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong) and since i'll be installing the official rtm build when it becomes available anyway, i'll just wait for a x64 version of that.

thanks

yea, but did they tell you about the secret handshake?? How about those top secret Microsoft blue sunglasses...........

Back