Windows 7 7201 x64 in the wild...x86 coming soon.

Off to install :)

-internet hi five-

let´s go! will report back. i gonna do an upgrade, let`s hope that everything works right

Any notable changes in this build?

Well, 7201 x64 seems to have fixed the mouse problem I was having earlier. :D

It also seems much more responsive than 7137.

Well that's always good. :D

Nope...nevermind...mouse is still dying apparently. Stupid mice. :mad:

yes, this build seems much responsive and fast than the other that i was using (7100) i have to do a clean install thought, i burned the iso at high speed, and this gave me an error. So, burned again with a 8x speed, and problem solved.

Nope...nevermind...mouse is still dying apparently. Stupid mice. :mad:
....i guess that's time to upgrade!

You know Windows 7 is truly a great OS when it keeps getting faster with each build!.. ;) (Among the other 100's of reasons)

Yup, it seems to be pretty fast. Just when I thought it wasn't going to get any faster. :D

How's the memory management in this build? Any better than the RC? ;) I'm not getting this build for multiple reasons so I don't know if it's any better or not in that department...

no noticeable changes in the UI guys, just to let you know that =S

and the memory management... idk, tomorrow i will install cs4 MS, so... until tomorrow i can provide some more advanced answer

RustyFalcon

Honorable Member
Can I get a PM to link for the 64-bit and (if available) 32-bit versions of 7201 please ?

Been running the 7100 RC and am very impressed with Win 7. I skipped VISTA completely so there is a lot new, but I like what I am seeing.

I use my PC for general home stuff and for connecting via USB MIDI with a Boss GT-10 multi-effects unit. The VISTA driver for the GT-10 and other apps that communicate with it via that driver work great. Likewise no problems with Office, Foobar, Zoom Player and other apps that I use frequently. While I kept my XP partition live, I find I use the Win 7 partition almost all the time now.

The only issue I've had thus far is Adobe Acrobat 7 does not install a print driver correctly, so I've had to skip it on the RC.

Hey whoosh. Can you pm the the x86(x32) build if you have a link to it. I really want to try this to see if my shutdown issue in the RC is fixed and i can use windows 7. Thx

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hey whoosh. Can you pm the the x86(x32) build if you have a link to it. I really want to try this to see if my shutdown issue in the RC is fixed and i can use windows 7. Thx
Done :) Hope you like it :D

hey whoosh, do you installed the build?

great, let´s hope that everything works fine =) cheers

Just be a little careful of the update. I did it and lost control of around 10 partitions and drives. They showed up as generic devices (eg F:, H; etc minus the names I had given them) and I couldn't access anything on them.

Fortunately I had come across this once before (when fiddling round with Windows 7 Manager) and for some reason it had nullified permissions. Once permissions had been changed via the security settings, and the system rebooted, then everything is back to how it was before.

Cruising along at a steady 1200kb/s (love Usenet.) I'll be performing an update rather than a clean install, too. So far, that's seemed to work okay for everybody else. Out of curiosity, do any of you have a list of new features or bug fixes included with this version? I'm coming from 7100, so I'm hoping there will be some notable changes. =]

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.