Windows 7 A different blue screen and a few other issues

leeti

Guys, I've been having some extremely weird problems with my Windows 7 Home Premium PC. It's brand new, bought in the beginning of the year. There's 4 problems. Main one comes first:
Today, while I was watching You Tube videos, got a blue screen twice. But not the 'blue screen of death', that blue color you get when you start Windows 7, light blue gradient. The computer responded to nothing. After a while, that screen went off but the CPU was still on. I rebooted it, came back to the website and same thing again. I rebooted it again without going to those websites of before. Here I am, posting these problems only.
The computer, in the last weeks, also had a problem twice in which, when you put it to turn off, it finishes the process, but the CPU's still on and won't turn off by itself at no way. Usually happens when you use the Power button on the keyboard. With the Start Menu option, it's okay.
I use an LG monitor that is actually a TV. It often has a problem in which it changes the screen resolution by itself, always after I leave it in standby mode for a long while. Therefore, I have Intel TV wizard installed, with all possible updated drivers to see if that stopped, but it keeps going on so far. I went to W7 troubleshooting and one of the problems there was with 'TVWizard2ft', does it have anything to do with that?
And 2 days ago the computer had the craziest of all problems. Avast had its license expired (even though it was due 2011), I couldn't uninstall it even with Revo Uninstaller. Computer's date was changed to 2099. All websites I went to on Firefox and IE said it wasn't a safe connection, so I couldn't browse anywhere. I fixed it manually and rebooted, so it's fine now.
On Windows problems log it doesn't seem to have anything to do with this, except for an issue of 01/12/10 (old, but seems to be important), check out the log (i tried to attach all logs in this post but errors happened):

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Identification of Location: 1046

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
011210-15787-01.dmp
sysdata.xml

View a temporary copy of files
WARNING: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Additional information about the problem
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 00000008
BCP3: 8F8E8F58
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
I scanned it today with Avast and nothing. Also defragged it. Yesterday I used ComboFix, but guess what, it had a problem too. There was a point in which only the computer background would show and wouldn't get out of there for nothing, didn't respond to any command. I left it there for a long while, cause it could be a ComboFix's process, but it never stopped. I promise to try again later.
HijackThis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 15:50:37, on 13/06/2010
Platform: Windows 7 (WinNT 6.00.3504)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16385)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\VIA\VIAudioi\VDeck\VDeck.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Users\Master\Documents\lééti\Glee_ The Music, Volume 2\HiJackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
Globo.com - Absolutamente tudo sobre esportes, notĂ­cias, entretenimento e vĂ­deos
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = MSN.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = Bing
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = MSN.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: G-Buster Browser Defense - {C41A1C0E-EA6C-11D4-B1B8-444553540000} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\GBPLUGIN\gbieh.dll
O2 - BHO: G-Buster Browser Defense CEF - {C41A1C0E-EA6C-11D4-B1B8-444553540003} - C:\Program Files\GbPlugin\gbiehCef.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LanguageShortcut] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HDAudDeck] C:\Program Files\VIA\VIAudioi\VDeck\VDeck.exe -r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast5] "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\avastUI.exe" /nogui
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xportar para o Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2iexp.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2iexp.dll
O9 - Extra button: Pesquisar - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O16 - DPF: {5D6F45B3-9043-443D-A792-115447494D24} (UnoCtrl Class) - Link Removed - Invalid URL
O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - Link Removed - Invalid URL
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {DB6BF2CD-4F59-4F1C-AA9C-D08C0B61A931} (GbpDistObj Class) - https://imagem.caixa.gov.br/cab/gbpdist.cab
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: GbPluginBb - C:\PROGRAM FILES\GBPLUGIN\gbieh.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: GbPluginCef - C:\Program Files\GbPlugin\gbiehCef.dll
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Gbp Service (GbpSv) - - C:\PROGRA~1\GbPlugin\GbpSv.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe

--
End of file - 4741 bytes
I need help, even if it's just with the worse of problems, because the PC is brand new and was quite expensive. Mommy paid it. And things look bad. If it crashes, I'm sure dead.
Sorry for such an ENOURMOUS text. I just wanted to give you all the info.

Some stuff about the computer:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93 GHz 2.93 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 2 GB
Sistem type: OS 32-bit

well you wont have broken the hardware but you may have damaged the operating system, as combofix is a very powerful tool that should only be used with care preferably under supervision from an expert ?

have you tried a system restore and have you set the date back to the correct year ?

do you have the original operating system disk ?

If you have the ability, it might also be wise to pull your HDD out and scan it from another computer. Often times, if the Windows files are corrupted or infected by malicious software the infections may not present themselves unless plugged in as a slave drive.

Can you scan the drive from a boot cd or a separate machine?

Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump to copy the files in there to any other folder. Then rar or zip them and attach the compressed file to a post. We can have a look at the error(s) and show you how to fix them.

well you wont have broken the hardware but you may have damaged the operating system, as combofix is a very powerful tool that should only be used with care preferably under supervision from an expert ?

have you tried a system restore and have you set the date back to the correct year ?

do you have the original operating system disk ?

I will try the sistem restore today, though there are only restore points at the day the Avast problem happened, where I tried to uninstall it. If something happens again after that, I'll tell it here.
Yes, the date is back to normal now. And I do have the original operating system.

If you have the ability, it might also be wise to pull your HDD out and scan it from another computer. Often times, if the Windows files are corrupted or infected by malicious software the infections may not present themselves unless plugged in as a slave drive.

Can you scan the drive from a boot cd or a separate machine?
I'm sorry, but I don't have the ability to do that... But thank you so much for the help! If it becomes necessary, I'll call a technician for help.

Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump to copy the files in there to any other folder. Then rar or zip them and attach the compressed file to a post. We can have a look at the error(s) and show you how to fix them.
The folder is empty right now. My sister used CCleaner before I checked it. Well, I guess I'll try to make the problem happen once again to check the folder another time and leave a response here.

Thanks for the help so far. I'll take the measures you said later and post further results here...

Alright, the bluescreen is back. But now, it's the regular one.

It shows a blue screen when you turn on the computer, and then shows the Windows assistent to fix the problem with a system restore.

I used the program BlueScreenView and WhoCrashed. The three crashes were caused by the same driver: ntkrnlpa.exe. Description: NT Kernel & System
MemTest found no problems.

Minidumps are attached.

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    51 KB · Views: 316
This driver is known to cause major issues when older. 2005 ones drive Windows 7 systems bonkers. This one is 2004:
Code:
ASACPI   ASACPI.sys   Thu Aug 12 22:52:52 2004
I don't even bother telling people to update this any longer. Instead, this is the best approach.

Please navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Rename ASACPI.sys to ASACPI.BAK and then reboot.

--------------------------

You should update your Realtek lan driver.

Code:
Rt86win7 Rt86win7.sys Fri May 22 10:52:05 2009
To do so, open device manager. Double click on network adapters. Look at the exact Realtek lan type you have. (Example: 8139) Then search for it on the left side of this link for an updated driver to install:

Realtek

--------

The above should fix it, but if not, please post a new crash dump. I'll have a few more suggestions and the system will be on the way to being well. Keep us updated, please.

This driver is known to cause major issues when older. 2005 ones drive Windows 7 systems bonkers. This one is 2004:
Code:
ASACPI   ASACPI.sys   Thu Aug 12 22:52:52 2004
I don't even bother telling people to update this any longer. Instead, this is the best approach.

Please navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Rename ASACPI.sys to ASACPI.BAK and then reboot.

--------------------------

You should update your Realtek lan driver.

Code:
Rt86win7 Rt86win7.sys Fri May 22 10:52:05 2009
To do so, open device manager. Double click on network adapters. Look at the exact Realtek lan type you have. (Example: 8139) Then search for it on the left side of this link for an updated driver to install:

Realtek

--------

The above should fix it, but if not, please post a new crash dump. I'll have a few more suggestions and the system will be on the way to being well. Keep us updated, please.

Renaming done.

ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY now has a yellow triangle at Device Manager.

'Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller' is the only thing that is written at the Device Manager. Which driver should I download at that link with this?

Cool. In device manager, you can right click on that ACPI Utility line and choose disable.

With that particular Realtek lan driver, you should visit the motherboard manufacturer's website for your particular board. It will have the updated Realtek lan driver to install. Use CPU-Z and look at the mainboard tab if you do not know which motherboard you have.

The problem with the ntkrnlpa.exe driver happened again today when I turned on the computer. Again, it showed the Windows assistent to fix the problem with a system restore. How do I fix that ntkrnlpa.exe, anyways? I've searched and many people have that problem but I haven't found anyone who fixed it successfully. Also, haven't found anyone having the problem on W7... Weird. That driver's getting on my nerves.

You mean you had a blue screen crash? Please post the crash dump, if so.

There's nothing to fix with ntkrnlpa.exe because it's neither a driver nor at fault. It's a component of the OS. If there are problems, it is something else causing it.

We can know more by looking at the state of the machine now as it currently stands, by analyzing the crash.

Uninstall whichever ATI overclocking utility you currently have in the normal method. Then go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete this very old driver if it is still there:

Code:
ATITool  ATITool.sys  Fri Nov 10 08:08:51 2006

Also make sure the folder for the software ATI Tray Tools as a guess, in Program Files (or Program Files (x86) if on 64 bit), is deleted.

Reboot.

In my attachment, the latest and good version of ATI Tray Tools is there to use instead.

If you still have problems, uninstall Avast in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Then boot to normal mode and install MSE as it will never cause a bsod and is very light on resources.

Good luck and enjoy.

Attachments

• attsetup1.6.x.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 400
Hmm, sorry for not knowing, but what would be an ATI overclocking utility?
The ATITool driver is there and I'm downloading your file now.

ATI Tray Tools is an example of what would install that driver. There are others but I can't say which they are off the top of my head.

You'd be best off simply going to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and deleting
ATITool.sys

Then reboot. Run Ccleaner to clean the registry. If you don't do overclocking, then forget about my attachment and don't install it.

Sounds good.

Keep your fingers crossed for no bsod. If one happens though, follow the advice about Avast and MSE, above.

As always, please keep us informed of progress or lack thereof.

Back