Windows 7 A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Pete said:
Have noticed that original user guide shows voltage choices; 1.90, 1.95, 2.0, 2.05, 2.10, 2.15, 2.2. 2.25.

I have only 1.9, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2. Must be a BIOS change.

If there is no option 1.8, then you should get new sticks compatible with your motherboard, or a new motherboard compatible with your sticks. CPU and RAM are like heart and veins in humans, if there's a clot or something else blocking the circulation -- there you go.

I take the view that it works OK, It's over two years old, and it's crashed only a dozen times in its life.

If I didn't know event viewer existed I wouldn't know there was a problem.

If the Asus forum comes up up dry, I'll just let it be. It has two chances; work or die!

Thanks for your help again mate

Best wishes

Pete

Pete,

there is only 1 thing to realize being incompatible RAM does indeed cause freezes and crashes.

I may look stupid quoting myself, but this is true:

If your RAM sticks are set wrong, or if they are mismatching, or not supported by motherboard, your BSOD thread will grow many pages and yet you'll be having crashes. Sorting software and drivers won't help, and memtest will not necessarily detect errors.

Also, make sure you are changing DRAM FREQUENCY, not the FSB.

~ 800Mhz 5-5-5-18 1.8v ~

I have a response from AData (below) though it is not particularly useful. Before receiving it I increased the Dram voltage to 1.9v in the bios but it made no difference to the CPU-Z results.

It is of course possible that in removing and replacing the heatsink and CPU that some minor damage has been caused, giving rise to event errors.

My inclinination is to ignore them. The PC works trouble free as far as everyday use is concerned and all my data is backed up daily.

best wishes

Pete

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for supporting ADATA products.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As to the issue you mentioned in the case CS11021936.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The SPD of the AD2U800B2G5-R memory modules is programmed to JEDEC standard latency 800Mbps timing of 5-5-5-18 at 1.8V.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]This modules will run at defaults at the above settings.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]And according to the spec of the ASUS M2N-CM DVI MB, I do not think should be a problem to use this Memory modules.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Please check if there is any new Bios to update for your MB, and also please try “Load Defaults “ in the Bios.[/FONT]

I have mentioned those as well:

- 800Mbps timing of 5-5-5-18 at 1.8V.
- please try “Load Defaults “ in the Bios.

You've tried them but
I have only 1.9, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2. Must be a BIOS change.

If "load defaults" don't fix you after another bsod crash, then you should send the machine to the repairs shop.

Back