An error has occurred, Not all of the featuures were succcessfully changed.

Hi,

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit - there are a few of Windows features that I am trying to turn off in ‘Control Panel/Programs and Features/TurnWindows Features on or off.’ I keep getting the message: "An error hasoccurred, Not all of the features were successfully changed." I would like to turn off Games and Windows Gadget Platform.

I have tried doing this one thing at a time with no results and get the same message.

I have run sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r . as suggested in other Windows 7 forums - no errors or corrupt files were found.

What could possibly be the problem? Any comments, ideasor advice are welcome.

Thank You,

Mike

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
I might think that something is running, or the system needs a reboot to finish the process. I cannot try turning the items off, so not sure, but you might try removing a few games at a time to see if one in particular causes problems.

Pauli

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
I would uninstall programs that have been installed lately = approx. after you noticed the problem. Then I would do the basic defrag, and a Registry check / repair, either with CCleaner, commonly recommended, or Free Window Registry Repair: a windows registry repair freeware., which I personally use.

Last edited:
This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.