Windows 10 Account Name Change in Win 10

seymoria

I want to change my name in my windows user account. However, when I change the name in account settings, it does not update it on the pc. I have tried countless reboots and re-logins but without success.

The name appears updated in the account settings though.

What could be the problem? Thanks for advice.
1.PNG
2.PNG

Yes, I tried it on one of my W10 computers, and Neem's suggestion worked for me. Took a couple of reboots and logouts and logins. Check this setting in your Windows Settings here:
Windows settings>Accounts>Sync your settings>Sync settings>On

After reboot, and about 5-10 min. this should fix your problem! :up:

If it doesn't, :(, try going back to your Sync Settings, and turning them to Off, reboot your PC, then go back into Sync Settings once again and turning the Sync settings back to On again. Hopefully, this fixes it!:up:

If it doesn't post back, you may have either a virus/malware infection or software/hardware failure on your PC and we can tell you some suggestions on how to fix it.

Best of luck to you,:encouragement:
<<BIGBEARJEDI>>

Last edited:
Sorry BBJ and Neemobeer, but not always, I see here something similar going wrong.

Something can get mixed up, when you are using a PC with 2 accounts, both registered as being part of one MS family - you are the 2nd user of this PC.
Weird, don't understand it yet....

To seymoria:
Are you member of a MS family and are you using PC with multiple accounts on it?

Last edited:
Back