Windows 7 Adjust timing of displayed video thumbnails?

Greeting, all -

When you have some videos in a folder and have the 'View' mode set to 'Large Icons', it shows a thumbnail preview about 5 seconds into the vid. Normally, this is fine when it comes to jogging your memory of what the vid is, but I've just gotten hold of some historical documentaries and they all have the same intro screen, so the default thumbnail doesn't do any good.

What I'd like to do is pick out a specific thumbnail from the video and use that as the preview pic, like they do on YouTube. Opening the Properties of each vid doesn't offer anything, so does anyone know of a 3rd-party app that would do the trick? For what it's worth, I spent a half-hour on Google looking for an answer and came up with zip, so figured a forum would be the next best bet.

The only thing I found was iTunes when googling.

It appears it can be done in Windows Media Player, but I'm looking for a way to do it in just ordinary windows. You can bet that some enterprising coder has written an app to do it at some point -- finding it is the problem. The keywords ("icon", "thumbnail", etc) are just too common to zero in on a Google search.

Back