Windows 7 Admin account is gone. No Admin even in Safe Mode. windows 7

Confused as Carolyn

Honorable Member
Hi,

I recently got a new Lenovo desktop, Windows 7 Professional, loaded by the supplier, so I don't have a disk. I wanted to turn off the log on screen, and somehow I have completely deleted the Admin account. I have tried everything Dr Google says, but it all leads to admin needing password screen, but there is nowhere to type a password, and the yes button is disabled. Restore leads to this, Run As Admin leads to this, everything leads to this.

Now before anyone says open in Safe mode, I have done that, and there are 2 accounts - desktop (which I called my account, and is a standard account) and User. Neither will open even though I use the password for "Desktop" that opens it in normal start up mode. There IS NO ADMIN account. In normal mode there is only Desktop", with no Admin rights. I hope someone can help please.
Capture.PNG

Hi Confused as Carolyn,
there may be a hidden partition containing a copy of Windows and to initiate it you need to look through your Lenovo support app and see if there's a way to return to 'Factory defaults'. This will basically return the machine to the condition it was in when it left the factory.
If you post the full model number of the Lenovo I'll check the support page for you.

Do you have a manual? Or a link to webpage where you bought it? I don't actually need like the serial number just the model name will do.

Ok, ideally you need your manual which came with the machine as it can help. If you lost it or never got one you can download a copy here:
https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkcentre_pdf/s500_ug_en.pdf (you'll need a pdf reader like Foxit )

You could try using 'System restore' first and see if you can go back to a time before you removed the admin account:
Use System Restore to restore system files and settings to an earlier point.
1. Click the Start button to open the Start menu.
2. Click Control Panel. View Control Panel using Large icons or Small icons, and then click Recovery āž™ Open System Restore.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen.

If your lucky then you'll have something on the system called 'Onekey Recovery 4.0' (or similar) This guide will tell you how to use it to return to factory defaults.
Introduction to Lenovo OneKey Recovery 4.0 Restoring System for Desktops - Lenovo Support (GB)

Any problems please post back

thanks for that. I cannot do Open System Restore, it needs Admin privileges. I'll try the f2 option next.
That might be a job for tomorrow when I'm more alert. Thanks heaps for your time, I'll be back on here to confirm what happens when it happens. Cheers mate!

Carolyn, the page you have a screenshot of in your first post, have you tried the setting 'Change your account type'?

Back