Windows 7 Advice wanted on TV Cards

jackoab

Hope this is the right forum, if not my apologies,

I'm looking on some advice on which TV cards are compatible with Windows 7 Media Centre. I'm based in the UK and have available either Freesat or Freeview.
I've looked at several and although they claim compatability with Vista I can't find any recommemded for Windows 7 Media Centre.

I've looked at the Hauppauge HVR 4400 but one article said it didn't fit well with Media Centre,

Any advice would be welcome, Jack.

Just to add that my system is suitable for any type of TV including HD TV.

Last edited:
Hi jackoab,
not too sure about those cards myself but I'm sure if you give these guy's a ring they'll help you out: Overclockers UK (I've phoned them before and can totally recommend them)..

:)

Best of luck Jack and please let us know how you got on..

I can't seem to find the HPV 4400 on the web site. Keep in mind, the remote might be Media Center compatible or not. Maybe that is what you are seeing.

Hi Saltgrass, Thanks for your input, I suspect the reason you can't find the 4400 is that it's aimed at the UK market, it's on the Home Page of WWW. hauppauge.co.uk, Jack.

THanks to those that offered help, finally settled for this one:VideoMate E750 Dual DVB-T PCIe - E750, it's certified for Windows 7 and comes with a Media Centre remote control, Jack.

Back