Windows 7 Aero opening/closing animation

BlackBurn

Hey folks,

I've been running W7 builds ever since the public one and have noticed something I've never seen in Vista.

When I open a window the Aero animation is smooth like in Vista just up until the window is almost fully open when the animation is kinda choppy. It's almost like the window "snaps" in place. The same thing happens when I close a window. A small "chop" or "snap" and then smooth animation.

I doesn't happen when minimizing and maximizing.

Did someone noticed this phenomenom, too?

This has been reported before.. ;) I'm not sure if a fix was ever found or if there was even anything to fix.. I think trying a new gpu driver was suggested but I'm not sure how successful it was or wasn't.. :)

Yeah i've tried with the new forceware 185.81 but it doesn't fix it. i think it's a bug. hope this will be fix in the final :rolleyes:

Hey folks,

I've been running W7 builds ever since the public one and have noticed something I've never seen in Vista.

When I open a window the Aero animation is smooth like in Vista just up until the window is almost fully open when the animation is kinda choppy. It's almost like the window "snaps" in place. The same thing happens when I close a window. A small "chop" or "snap" and then smooth animation.

I doesn't happen when minimizing and maximizing.

Did someone noticed this phenomenom, too?

Never noticed it this way even though it has been reported .

Winodws 7 Aero studder

I have noticed this problem as well since the original public release. I have run windows 7 on several different machines, all with different high end Nvidia and ATI video cards. Same result from them all: opening and closing windows seems to have a studder just before the end of the animation. Really hope this get fixed because it extremely annoying to me, especially having spent top dollar for hardware that is more than capable of rendering simple windows animations. Windows 7 is otherwise great, and fast!

Yep, have this too. ATI 4870, works well with Vista. I sure hope it will be fixed until the RTM version.

I regeistered to say I have this problem too with the closing animation. Very annoying. I have a Radeon 4850, Gigabyte P45 mobo. Tried both the 9.5 and 9.6 Cat drivers.

So far I couldn't figure out what causes the problem, windows or video drivers so I'm waiting for RTM to see if anything changes.

Same problem here...
I just hope it isn't an effect they (Microsoft) want...because I really don't like it.

No, it happens only for small amount of people, so it's definitely not a feature. I wish it would be at least possible to identify the source of the problem, drivers or windows itself so that responsible parties could be contacted.

Well you can put in feedback at AMD's Radeon Driver download site. It's at the top of the page with the driver links.

Already did so some time ago. Even if somebody noticed it did not show with 9.6 drivers :)
At that point my hope is that it will go away with RTM release. I've read on some forum that someone had similar problem with Vista RC and it disappeared at RTM version.

Hi all,
I know that this is old topic.
But I have this problem on RTM version of Windows 7 Home Premium.
How to fix it?
My computer:
Asus F3Sa (Centrino T8300 2,4 GHZ, ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600, 3 GB RAM)
Ofcourse I have Catalysts 9.12 Installed.

Is anyone who fix it?

Back
Top Bottom