Windows 7 After BSOD; Windows 7 no longer displays text upon logging in, will no longer run programs

Igaki

My mom's laptop recently Blue Screened and I have no way of accessing the dump and I have attemped a basic Windows Restoration but to no avail.

What happens is that no text is displayed and the password box uses "System" font for some reason on the login screen.

No programs will open; all the shortcuts are still there on the desktop but display no text. and trying to use CTRL ALT DEL will open up a large empty box which shuts the computer down.

The explorer bar also does not work.

Eventually a warning box appears but no text is displayed.

EDIT: I've questioned her more and it turns out that she cut out an important part -

The computer only blue screened once and she instantly decided to restore the system which caused this to happen. I believe the Windows restoration itself is faulty; is there anything I can do to fix this?

Last edited:
Thanks if you took the time to read this; I've been able to fix the problem myself by performing the "sfc /scannow" procedure using the system restore located in Windows itself and not by using the flawed integrated Samsung restoration.

Great work. Thanks for following up and updating your thread with the solution that worked for you.
Thanks for joining our community and sharing your issues with us.
Hope to continue to see you around the forum.
Regards
Randy

Dear Igaki, I have the exact same problem as your mother was having.
I had some small problems with my samsung laptop and used the samsung "basic restore" option that should leave all your files, data etc intact. After doing this I got the same errors as you described in your first message. I am not so good with computers so I am not exactly sure how you solved this problem. Could you please describe it in some more detail?
I have tried to open Windows' own System Restore, but since it does not display any text I don't know how to look for the "sfc /scannow" procedure you mentioned.
Thank you in advance!

Hello ewinkels!

To run the sfc /scannow procedure, you must be logged in as administrator.
Right-click your desktop, and select New. Then click Shortcut
In the location bar, type in "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" (without quotations), and then click Next.

Call the shortcut "Elevated CMD".
Select Finish, and then double-click the shortcut. Press Yes if it asks you to.

Now you'll see a small black box with white text in it.
Type "sfc /scannow" (without quotations) and then press Enter

Wait for the process to finish :)

How did you do this if windows displayed no text? I started Task Man by right click task bar, click task man (even tho I could not see it, it is usually third on up :) ) then using shortcut keys (ALT F) started file, run, clicked run as admin, type cmd and enter, then was able to run the scannow.

Hello ewinkels!

To run the sfc /scannow procedure, you must be logged in as administrator.
Right-click your desktop, and select New. Then click Shortcut
In the location bar, type in "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" (without quotations), and then click Next.

Call the shortcut "Elevated CMD".
Select Finish, and then double-click the shortcut. Press Yes if it asks you to.

Now you'll see a small black box with white text in it.
Type "sfc /scannow" (without quotations) and then press Enter

Wait for the process to finish :)

Last edited:
Back