Windows 7 After getting a new hard drive, my screen resolution can't be adjusted.

losthope19

My old hard drive died, and I finally got a new one for my laptop (XPS L501X). Before, my resolution was at 1366x768. Now, my resolution is at 1024x768, and I can't adjust it any higher.

I have an NVIDIA 420 M, and I have reinstalled the drivers countless times in many different orders. I have also reinstalled the chipset drivers and wifi drivers.

I have no idea why I can't adjust my resolution, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
You'll likely need to go to your laptop manufacturer's website, plug in your service tag number and comb through their driver, utilities and applications software sections to find the particular piece of software that will let windows 7 see your laptop screen as something other that a default vga monitor. There may be a monitor driver but not likely, more likely a utility or a software with something in the title that may refer to Windows 7 OS updates or patches or fixes or words to that affect.
Wish I could help more but I don't have such a laptop, maybe someone else who does may have some specific information that they might share.
Regards
Randy

Before, my resolution was at 1366x768
Are you sure? I ask because your specs show the 420M resolution with the "upgraded" graphics panel @ 1920 x 1080. Other reviews also show 1920 x 1080. Did you try that?

Back