Windows 7 Ai Yori Aoshi installer problem

Jitsan

I want to install a PC game on Windows 7 RC that was meant for Windows XP or earlier. The game is called Ai Yori Aoshi and it is a Visual Novel from Hirameki International Group Inc., KID (Kindle Imagine Develop), and Anime Play.

The problem is: I cannot install the game.

I can run the setup.exe file; however, the installer for the game will not run.
I cannot run the game from the disks. I have to install the games on the Hard Drive to run.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<--
I'm running:

-Windows 7 RC SP1 64-bit version
-Windows Virtual Machine XP 64-bit version

Specs:

-Processor: AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 2.10GHz
-Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.75 GB usable)
-System type: 64-bit Operating System

System Requirements (as read on the box):

Supported on the following OS:
-Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP

Harware Requirements:
-800MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor
-128MB of RAM 8-speed CD drive
-1.35GB of free HDD space (Game program only)
-32Mb video card (SVGA 16bit color)
-->

Well, naturally I tried running the setup.exe with compatibility modes (XP SP2-3, 2000, ME, 98).
The setup.exe would run, but when I clicked on install it closed and nothing else happened.
Then I tried the Windows Virtual PC XP Machine. From the Microsoft website I downloaded the 64-bit version.
I tried to install again on the Virtual XP Machine and the same exact thing happened.
Then I tired shutting down the Virtual XP Machine, allocating 1000MB of RAM to it, and then running the program again.
The same thing happened.
Then I tried allocating 250MB of RAM and then I ran the setup again. Once again, the same thing happened.

I have read from other boards, such as AnimeSuki.com and they are having the same issue, even with Vista.
One member on that board diagnosed the problem as an incompatibility with OS.
Ai Yori Aoshi has a 16bit installer that won't run on a 64bit OS; thus why he recommended compatibility modes.
The link is here: Vista Issues - AnimeSuki Forum if you wish to look.

Last edited:
Back