Windows 10 All Files and Folders are Read Only

KINGOFDAWORLD

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 pro. Every file and folder is now read only. When I click on a folder's property and uncheck read only and tell it to make the changes to all sub folders and files it says access denied and that I have to click continue as administrator to complete the action. I am the administrator and do so, but it doesn't work. So, how do I fix this? (Also, the read only box is that square looking mark, not the check mark if that is relevant).

Edit: Also, less important but for some reason many of my live tiles are grey. They are still usable, but grey instead of the colors that they should be. And my lock screen is grey instead of showing the picture like it is supposed to.

I have exactly the same problem. All my folders are blocked I can do no work - NOT HAPPY
Even after I gave myself full access rights in the security control panel for the C:
All my live tiles are green, may have something to do with the colour scheme selected.

A grey app tile is generally un-synchronized with your Microsoft account or you have not allowed it past your firewall / antivirus

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 pro. Every file and folder is now read only. When I click on a folder's property and uncheck read only and tell it to make the changes to all sub folders and files it says access denied and that I have to click continue as administrator to complete the action. I am the administrator and do so, but it doesn't work. So, how do I fix this? (Also, the read only box is that square looking mark, not the check mark if that is relevant).

Edit: Also, less important but for some reason many of my live tiles are grey. They are still usable, but grey instead of the colors that they should be. And my lock screen is grey instead of showing the picture like it is supposed to.

I have a similar problem: My Documents folder and files are all read only. Fax and image viewer will not run, and Outlook 2013 has problems accessing datafiles kept there as well. I try to uncheck readonly, and it always goes back.
What up with this::???

Back
Top Bottom