Windows 10 All Microsoft related services do no have connection - and more!

Michael Kassio

Hallo Windows - Comunity!

I really hate to sign up for a forum, just to get help, without being able to get help back. But here I am, hoping I post it in the right Forum - Section.
My System Information and all screenshots of my problems are attached. I tried to give you as many information as possible.
______________________________________________________________________________________
I have a lot of little problems, which can hopefully be determined to one big problem. I will explain everything step by step.

1. I cannot connect to my Microsoft Account. But I can enter my account on the microsoft website. So, it´s not a passwort problem.
1.2. I cannot reach ANY microsoft services: That includes the App - Store, Feedback Hub and Smartscreen. EDIT: Includes SKYPE!

2. I cannot connect to the Internet with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. But with chrome, unfortunately, it works without Problems. I can skype (when i can connect, it works with the portable version), Dropbox, Netflix and download. So, there shouldn´t be a problem with my Internet.

3. Specific downloads and connections do not work.
Example 1: Downloading the Browser "Opera": I downloaded the ".exe" from the official homepage. This .exe is actually a downloader for the program. So, when I open it, it starts the downloading process but never ends or interrupts with an "error - Check your internet connection". That happens to most of the .exe - downloader of that kind, like opera.
Example 2: The online conference software "webex": When I want to download the desktop - application, it says, hat some connection parameters are wrong. (sorry, i don´t have the exact error, but you get the idea)

4. Weird stuff: I tried to reset my microsoft edge. But the "settings" - panels looks different than in all of the fixing forum entries in the internet.
4.1. I had to update a few windows - updates manuelly even though "update automatically" was checked!

It seems like there´s is some general problem going on. There are no official problems reported by windows and my anti - virus program does not find anything harmful on my pc. I can do most of the stuff normaly. But then, like described, I have problems with certain programs, services and so on (like in todays skype conference, which wasn´t possible).
I am not sure, which problems do go with each other, but it seems to me, that a lot of them go hand in hand with the same problem. That´s why I didn´t want to make a "microsoft edge not working" - thread.

5. What I already did:
- Install all Windows Updates, so it´s on the latest status.
- Run the windows "Problemsolutions".
- Set back microsoft edge and internet explorer.
- set back internet options.
- Check all SSL and TLS related option on the "Internetoptions"
- Various "Solutions", found on the Internet including: Port changes, registry changes, set backs and and and...
- I wanted to do a Windows - Set Back to an earlier moment, but there are no backup - poitns available to restore.

Whoever can help me, will be my personal hero!

Best Regards,
Michael

Attachments

• 1.Microsoft_Account_error.png
    1.Microsoft_Account_error.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 1.2.FeedbackHub_Error.png
    1.2.FeedbackHub_Error.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 1.2.MicrosoftStore.png
    1.2.MicrosoftStore.png
    170.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 1.2.Skype_Error.png
    1.2.Skype_Error.png
    181 KB · Views: 227
  • 2.InternetExplorer.png
    2.InternetExplorer.png
    95 KB · Views: 205
  • 4.Edge_Panel_And_Error.png
    4.Edge_Panel_And_Error.png
    289.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 4.1.Windows_Updates.png
    4.1.Windows_Updates.png
    354.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 5. InternetOptions.png
    5. InternetOptions.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 211
  • System_Information.png
    System_Information.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 213
  • System_Information2.png
    System_Information2.png
    312 KB · Views: 213
Download the batch file and unzip it. Right click the batch file and "Run As Administrator". Upload the results (text file on your desktop)

Network Diagnostic Information

I did it, but the cmd opens for a brief moment end closes imidiately, without creating a *.txt. I searched for it in the search engine. I can only quote, what was written in the cmd:

Gathering ipconfig information...
Gathering arp cache...
ARP: Falsches Argument: Kass\Desktop\network_information.txt (COMMENT: Falsches Argument = wrong argument)
Gathering WINS cache...

Zeigt Protokollstatistik und aktuelle TCP/IP-Verbindungen an, die
NBT (NetBIOS über TCP/IP) verwenden.

NBTSTAT [-a Remotename] [-A IP-Adresse] [-c] [-n]
[-r] [-R] [-RR] [-s] [Intervall] ]

-a Zeigt die Namentabelle des mit Namen angegebenen
Remotecomputers an.
-A Zeigt die Namentabelle des mit IP-Adressen angegebenen
Remotecomputers an.
-c Zeigt Inhalt des Remotenamencache mit IP-Adressen an.
-n Zeigt lokale NetBIOS-Namen an.
-r Zeigt mit Broadcast und WINS aufgelöste Namen an.
-R Lädt Remotecache-Namentabelle neu.
-S Zeigt Sitzungstabelle mit den Ziel-IP-Adressen an.
-s Zeigt Sitzungstabelle mit Computer NetBIOS-Namen an, die aus
den Ziel-IP-Adressen bestimmt wurden.
-RR (ReleaseRefresh) Sendet Namensfreigabe-Pakete an WINS und
startet die Aktualisierung.

Remotename Name des Remotehosts
IP-Adresse Punktierte Dezimalschreibweise einer IP-Adresse
Intervall Zeigt die ausgewählte Statistik nach der angegebenen
Anzahl Sekunden erneut an. Drücken Sie STRG+C zum Beenden
der Intervallanzeige.

Zeigt Protokollstatistik und aktuelle TCP/IP-Verbindungen an, die
NBT (NetBIOS über TCP/IP) verwenden.

NBTSTAT [-a Remotename] [-A IP-Adresse] [-c] [-n]
[-r] [-R] [-RR] [-s] [Intervall] ]

-a Zeigt die Namentabelle des mit Namen angegebenen
Remotecomputers an.
-A Zeigt die Namentabelle des mit IP-Adressen angegebenen
Remotecomputers an.
-c Zeigt Inhalt des Remotenamencache mit IP-Adressen an.
-n Zeigt lokale NetBIOS-Namen an.
-r Zeigt mit Broadcast und WINS aufgelöste Namen an.
-R Lädt Remotecache-Namentabelle neu.
-S Zeigt Sitzungstabelle mit den Ziel-IP-Adressen an.
-s Zeigt Sitzungstabelle mit Computer NetBIOS-Namen an, die aus
den Ziel-IP-Adressen bestimmt wurden.
-RR (ReleaseRefresh) Sendet Namensfreigabe-Pakete an WINS und
startet die Aktualisierung.

Remotename Name des Remotehosts
IP-Adresse Punktierte Dezimalschreibweise einer IP-Adresse
Intervall Zeigt die ausgewählte Statistik nach der angegebenen
Anzahl Sekunden erneut an. Drücken Sie STRG+C zum Beenden
der Intervallanzeige.

Gathering Proxy Settings...
FEHLER: Ungültige Syntax. (Comment: Unguilty Syntax)
Geben Sie "REG QUERY /?" ein, um die Syntax anzuzeigen.
Grabbing hosts entries...

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden. (Comment: Cannot find the named path)
Running ping tests...

That should run on a normal system. Have you done any editing of the registry or other tinkering?

I only changed the registry once during a fixing try, described in a forum. When it didn´t work, I set everything back to the original setting in order to not mess something up.

Generally, my computer is pretty organized, with the only programs necessary and I am not of that kind who does randomley just change systems settings.

Last edited:
I would run sfc /scannow and chkdsk /R from a commandline and verify there is no corrupted system components nor bad sectors on your drive.

Hi! Thanx for you quick answers.

I ran the sfc /scannow. It told me, that it scanned and repaired everything. Ran it a second time, and it tells me that it didn´t find any problem.
The chkdsk /R says (My translation to english):

"The type of the datasystem is NTFS. The drive isn´t locked at this time.

CHDSK could not been ran because the volume is used by another process. Should the volume be used, whe the system starts the next time? (J/N)"

Last edited:
Try this:
Start -> Settings -> Network & Internet
Select "Network Reset"
Follow the direction, then the computer will automatically restart.

:

Last edited:
Thank you! I will do that! I guess, it will delete as well all saved network information and passwords? If so, I have to wait a day to get a new network account and password.

Hallo Windows - Comunity!

I really hate to sign up for a forum, just to get help, without being able to get help back. But here I am, hoping I post it in the right Forum - Section.
My System Information and all screenshots of my problems are attached. I tried to give you as many information as possible.
______________________________________________________________________________________
I have a lot of little problems, which can hopefully be determined to one big problem. I will explain everything step by step.

1. I cannot connect to my Microsoft Account. But I can enter my account on the microsoft website. So, it´s not a passwort problem.
1.2. I cannot reach ANY microsoft services: That includes the App - Store, Feedback Hub and Smartscreen. EDIT: Includes SKYPE!

2. I cannot connect to the Internet with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. But with chrome, unfortunately, it works without Problems. I can skype (when i can connect, it works with the portable version), Dropbox, Netflix and download. So, there shouldn´t be a problem with my Internet.

3. Specific downloads and connections do not work.
Example 1: Downloading the Browser "Opera": I downloaded the ".exe" from the official homepage. This .exe is actually a downloader for the program. So, when I open it, it starts the downloading process but never ends or interrupts with an "error - Check your internet connection". That happens to most of the .exe - downloader of that kind, like opera.
Example 2: The online conference software "webex": When I want to download the desktop - application, it says, hat some connection parameters are wrong. (sorry, i don´t have the exact error, but you get the idea)

4. Weird stuff: I tried to reset my microsoft edge. But the "settings" - panels looks different than in all of the fixing forum entries in the internet.
4.1. I had to update a few windows - updates manuelly even though "update automatically" was checked!

It seems like there´s is some general problem going on. There are no official problems reported by windows and my anti - virus program does not find anything harmful on my pc. I can do most of the stuff normaly. But then, like described, I have problems with certain programs, services and so on (like in todays skype conference, which wasn´t possible).
I am not sure, which problems do go with each other, but it seems to me, that a lot of them go hand in hand with the same problem. That´s why I didn´t want to make a "microsoft edge not working" - thread.

5. What I already did:
- Install all Windows Updates, so it´s on the latest status.
- Run the windows "Problemsolutions".
- Set back microsoft edge and internet explorer.
- set back internet options.
- Check all SSL and TLS related option on the "Internetoptions"
- Various "Solutions", found on the Internet including: Port changes, registry changes, set backs and and and...
- I wanted to do a Windows - Set Back to an earlier moment, but there are no backup - poitns available to restore.

Whoever can help me, will be my personal hero!

Best Regards,
Michael

The issue might be account related. To continue troubleshooting, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key and the R key together, this will open the Run box.
  • When the Run box opens type services.msc, then click/tap on
    OK.
  • When Services open scroll down to Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant.
  • Double click on this service to open properties. The startup type should be set to
    Manual.
  • If you see Startup status Stopped in the lower left portion click/tap on
    Start, then Apply, and OK.
Check if the issue persists.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

One more information I can give is the following:
I recently moved my pc from home to another apartment, where I am right now. At both places (two different, totally independent networks) I hade the same problems. So, it shouldn´t be local network related I guess.
Best Regards!

hm...I have only one more information: When I want to log in in the webex - teams (online conference program) app, I get the alert that "the website can not be found, there is no connection". It´s the windows eplorer window enbedded within the webex - application!

So, when this is the end of the problem solving process, what would you recommend me to do? Set up windows totally new? Just reset windows to the "factory settings"?

Last edited:
Solution of my problem via windows support hotline

1. Create new local windows user on your pc, delete everything of the old one
2. Install windows new via Windows 10 herunterladen
3. Set up windows totally new

For me finally, nr. 3 did the job. There was a glance of hope after step 1.
Even after the new set up I had to create a new acconut so everything works.

Greetings

Back
Top Bottom