Windows 7 Alternatives to IE?

dalle2620

Hey all, new around here!

Anyway I was wondering if there is any 'alternatives' to Internet Explorer, for windows 7?
I used Firefox and tried Chrome on XP, but sadly I can't mouseover and see whatever I got open,
when I use those two browsers in Win7 :(.

So to make it short, are there any other options than IE?

Thanks!

Are you talking about mousing over the taskbar icon and seeing a preview? That works on Firefox and Chrome for me. Plus Firefox 3.6 will show all your open tabs.

Earlier Firefox versions will show separate previews if you open pages separately and not in tabs. I do not have version 3.6 yet.

Do you get previews with other applications? If yes then update FF/Chrome, both use Aero Peek.

If not then, Aero Peek isn't enabled, or Aero itself isn't enabled.

Do you get previews with other applications? If yes then update FF/Chrome, both use Aero Peek.

If not then, Aero Peek isn't enabled, or Aero itself isn't enabled.

I downloaded the latest Chrome, and it still doesnt work. I checked Aero Peek, and it's on. It just refuses to work with any other browser it seems :/

Earlier Firefox versions will show separate previews if you open pages separately and not in tabs. I do not have version 3.6 yet.
I tried a nightly build of 3.6 and it wasn't right yet. Then a couple days ago I got the official Beta Release and it's sweet. It really is faster. The big change is that it starts up faster. That was the only drawback I had with earlier versions. It never stopped me from using it though.

I tried a nightly build of 3.6 and it wasn't right yet. Then a couple days ago I got the official Beta Release and it's sweet. It really is faster. The big change is that it starts up faster. That was the only drawback I had with earlier versions. It never stopped me from using it though.

Could you give me a link to that?

I've been using Firefox 3.6 Beta and it works fine with Windows 7. I agree that it apears to be a lot faster booting up and aero peek works just dandy!

Back
Top Bottom