Am I safe from the botnet attacks?

danny2411

Hi,

I have an account for bitcoins. I use the account for online games.

I am worried about its security after watching this video blog. Why Malware Happens - Theft of Digital Resources (DDoS, Bitcoin, Brute Force) They say that bitcoin accounts are prone to attacks from botnets. And they say users of windows servers are also prone to such attacks.

What should I do other than using an antivirus software to protect my account or computer?

Please share and help.

Botnets are generally used for DDoS attacks, bit coin mining or spam email campaigns. If someone is going to steal your bit coins they will most likely target the bitcoin exchange if you use one or wallet with malware. Layered defense is always best. I use CyberReason RansomFree (Free), Microsoft EMET(Free) and also a paid AV suite. I also have a perimeter firewall and perimeter malware scanner, but I'm a little paranoid.

yes, trstick1 … one of our veteran members, bassfisher6522, initiated a post (about a month ago) … might be worth your while to drop by. in fact, a video(2½ min) was embedded to that post just this evening. fwiw … we do live in an age of paranoia … and really need to venerate 'n channel that feeling as though it's part of our subconscious.

Ransomware software

Last edited:
Back