upload_2013-8-8_0-3-51.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 370
  • upload_2013-8-8_0-59-3.png
    upload_2013-8-8_0-59-3.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 375
I guess the first question is, have you checked for malware?t

If possible try downloading and running the free app found here:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Yes, I have an anti-malwarebytes program I run along with Norton. A month before everything began to fall apart, I had Norton, McAfee and AVG all going at the same time. And knowing that I shouldn't be using all concurrently, I had no problems, everything ran really well. Right about the time these crazy things start, I am told to uninstall McAfee and AVG and that's when my problems started. I also
run the Defender but I'll for sure try your suggestion. Everything that I run always comes back negative for anything. Do think maybe I've been hacked? And last thing: My post obviously got out there. I was unable to find confirmation of whether it got posted or not. How would I know? Like an idiot, I was going to post it again. Thank God I didn't: I would've really looked like an idiot. Thanks so much for your suggestion. I will do just as suggested when I get up.

To be honest with Gaby I use Defender and malwarebytes, that's it. If I was you I'd uninstall everything but Defender (Norton can be a real pain in the behind) and just use that alongside malwarebytes.

I don't think you've been hacked but obviously something isn't right. Oh and you may have not see your post straight away as sometimes they go up for moderation and have to be passed by the powers that be (just a precaution against spam and the like).

To remove Norton fully use this tool:
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/uk/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

You know, I've been told to uninstall Norton a couple of times before you suggested it, but did I listen? Nooooooo. Funny about how the big guys upstairs monitor posts, etc. I joined the Wind allows Seven en Forums because of the many problems I was having and to solicit help. I am now a f former member who was banned for allegedly posting "uintelligible nonsense" that was in fact a reply to someone'a message to me. It really looked like a tossed letter salad but interestingly enough, it was never posted, at least not by me. Because of the myriad problems I was having, I joined the Seven Forums for the same reasons I joined this forum: assistance and support.. My first post in that forum looked much like my first post here . One of the responses I received, sounded as if it had come from someone who wasFrom the ccouple of communications we he was very knowledgeable and helpful but I got the impression he was a bit uptight and generally a humorless guy. So I was vacillating on whether to send it or not. I did not post it but the following day I received a hysterical message from someone with whom I had never corresponded n response to the message I was vacillating about sending but posted anyway I was a little alarmed that this guy who was responding wasn't the only person who had received it.. It didn't matter because the message had nothing objectionable. II drafted a positing thanking thid unknown guy for sending me such a funny message. I intended for my response to provide information about what was happening in my computer world tinged with humor. By this time, it seemed as if this was the messiest looking thing I'd ever seen. Aside from all the characters that were out of place, causing misspellings, incomplete sentences, etc. What made it even more messy locking was that there were things in the message that had just appeared. There was what looked like computer paper with UTube [printed in digits that just forced itself into one of the sentences causing the words to tumble and fall like dominos , there was what looked like a Seven Forums office form, and the message (I was writing as rife with all sorts of odd characters. Essentially, it looked like a tossed letter salad. By this time, it seemed like I was fighting for control of the pointer. I can analogize the experience as playing a very difficult video game. It was the messiest thing I think I've ever seen in terms of anything typed.

Although the message contained no information that would be considered crude, was a real mess, and contained some really funny material, I held on to it for some reason. The e next day, I think it was, if had some message from the Seven Forums saying my password was so ,many days old and to follow the link. I followed it alright, right into another screen saying I'd been banished for having posted unintelligible nonsense and that the ban was permanent. I think it was because of all the problems I was having, for some reason, I cried. It's no like the Seven Forums means anything of an emotional nature, I had just joined 5 days ago. I knew immediately what had happened. I had left that messy message open in the Seven Forums window for sending replies and my laptop having decided it should be read because it was so funny, sent itself out. r a bit, I got angry because one of the reasons I had joined that Forum was because things I was typing were a mess and that I had a lot of problems that I was soliciting help for. Obviously. some person made the arbitrary decision to permanently ban me for the appearance of written material, not the content It could very well have been sent to a section or even the entire membership not that the/ was anything objectionable about it/ Sp. I began preparing a message to the guy who responded to the post I never posted n didn't send it because I didn't know how mybanished for posting unintelligible. I hmsaritten a realld. What I had written was no way objectionable and had whoever determined I should be permanentlyy rtlyfunniy response to an individual who'd sent mce a hyserical post. thw as a complete mess and even had things d that had appeared in the message which w would have been impossible for me to h ave acquired. The meblge had to do the problems I was having int

I'm sorry for going on. I get a bit carried away a lot of the time. For the hell of it, I did a spell check on this and realized it would take me forever to fix themll. Although this message doesn't seem to contain many error, it did and it does. A;though I was kicked out of here a few times, it has been the pointer that has driven me insane. Throughout this message, the pointer which is always behinf the last letter typed, has moved to random places in rhis. I started to read this and then Ithought I'f better not otherwise I'll be at this until the next time I say the exact same thing.
en
I'm doing to uninstall Norton now. What do I do afterwards? Will Defender and the Anti Malwarebytes program be sufficient? I am not questioning you at all, it's just that I do a lot of torrent downloading. And there has been an occasion that I got infected, which I may be/ And if I am,what do I do? Does a reinstallation take care of a virus or do you just carry it back on? There is a great possibility that I have virtually no idea how to operate. On the malwarebytes program all I know is how to run a scan and delete what has come up. On the Defender, I am going to have to look for it. I think it's running, but I wouldn't stake my hamster's life on it.

Hello. Its late here. Take things one step at a time. After uninstalling Norton, minimize your online footprint to essential, safe sites only. Use Malwarebytes and follow Ross's further advice. You can use MSE a baseline, but I would seriously recommend ESET or Kaspersky for comprehensive protection. Run Malwarebytes proactively to prevent infiltration or make regular backups (time consuming).

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

I feel like doa total moronic spazz for asking the following: How do I know what Norton I have? I forgot that I also had Kaspersky, which I think was what I initially installed and has probably expired, no big deal. I always joke that I'm a computer goddess but I know virtually nothing: I can open and close a folder//file /program and close them, too; I can do an occasional system restore; I know how to email, and a couple of other things. So, I am assuming that by the statement "minimize your online footprint" you mean that I should take the necessary measures I so I don't track garbage back in from the internet into my computer home? MSE is Microsoft Essentials, correct? What is it and what does it do? Where do I find it? And what do you mean by using MSE as a baseline? A baseline for what? Just a couple more question. I promise. I don't know if you have read about what's going on in my computer realm, but let's say it is really bumming out. How do I confirm that I've been on infected rather than having been hacked? What are Kaspersky Anti-Malwarebytes, etc. good for if infections are occurring constantly? And last one: I do all those things that are suggested: image disk, recovery disk, all those disks, and back up everything, how does that help me eliminate a virus? If I uniinstall and reinstall Windows again (done abut 6 weeks ago) have I taken the virus out during uninstalling and just brought it back when the reinstallation is conducted? Last one, I really mean it this time: If infected, what do I need to do to eliminate it?

Thanks, Mike. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me a little guidance, I just need the definitions for some of them. You absolutely don't have to answer any of my questions (except as they relate to the tips you gave me). For some reason, my brain has gotten very inquisitive and things I have meant to ask and always forget, just erupted. Sorry, and thanks very much. By the way, in this text you may find numerous errors. That is one of the issues I'm having. Itis pointless for ,me to go back and correct them, they will just reoccur and occasionally what was once miniscule is now a massive editorial nightmare.

Gaby

Hi Gaby,

if I were you I'd download this application here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

Don't install it straight away but first remove every security application you have running.then apply the above download. The good thing about MSE is that it works quite well alongside other security apps. I'd choose either Kaspersky as suggested by Mike or just use plain old Malwarebytes. Both of these set ups will provide ample security coverage.

If your infected then these apps will pick it up, if one doesn't catch it then the other will. Reducing one's online footprint is up to you but basically it means being careful about what you click on or use online. Take toolbars for instance, some can be useful but for the main part it's best to just stay away from such things as it increases the likelihood of picking up malware.

Some handy links:
http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/

Mike, I am truly sorry for pestering you with questions. It's just like I've arrived at this place where there is a wealth of information just waiting to be tapped, so I guess I'm being a Tapper tapping. I was rereading your post and I don't know how I could have missed it, but you said "essential, safe sites only." Web surfing is out? I utilize the internet to answer questions to everything I want to know, from why do feel smell to if E = Mc2 then why does McE-21+2 prove to be an equation that determines the basis for the anomoly that exists in FL3-22/3a? I do a lot of torrent downloads and have been doing so for over 2 years now with no infection because of pretty rudimentary measures taken. Are you saying no more of that? Are you saying that I can't look up information? I look up stuff about 10 times a day and would feel naked if I were stripped of that privilege. Is there a way to protect yourself from potential risk? I know you're not saying I can't just I shouldn't. I thought the kooties came with a download but do they also adhere to you and you track them back into your safe place" ? How would you know that you're in an unsafe or a safe site?. Would this make sites like UTube, Nexflix, you know the Big Dogs, potentially unsafe? Lastly, if you can track dirt in, because from this is appears a virus can attach not only to a program but, for want of a better word. an image (I think you know what I mean - whatever a person on the internet is called mage? can the dirt your've tracked in be passed by emails, instant message. remote connections?

I just reallized I could pose these Again, you don't have to answer my questions, but if you don't, could you possibly refer me to someone who could? ,

Mike, I am truly sorry for pestering you with questions. It's just like I've arrived at this place where there is a wealth of information just waiting to be tapped, so I guess I'm being a Tapper tapping. I was rereading your post and I don't know how I could have missed it, but you said "essential, safe sites only." Web surfing is out? I utilize the internet to answer questions to everything I want to know....

I am just saying, while you lack critical virus and anti-malware protection of any kind, try to go to sites you know for sure are authoritative and safe for browsing. Once you have transitioned to some security platform, determine what that is, whether it is free anti-virus MSE, as Ross suggested, or some other security suite, make precautions. There are a number of ways that a system can be infiltrated due to lax security. An entire industry is built upon this threat. Nothing more to it than that. Assess what you think you need, whether security attacks against your system are a recurring problem, and choose an anti-virus and anti-malware program. I would say not to do so would be at your own peril.

While some here claim to never run any anti-virus or anti-malware as a "bragging rights" of sorts, many of them are also purported Windows experts. If they knew anything about security they would not be so lackadaisical. But that's my opinion. In any event, do follow the free or paid route, any route but abandonment of all security software.

Best,
Mike

Hey Mr. Keml.: Thanks for responding with some answers to my many questions. It almost 3:30 a.m. so I think I'm going to attack your suggestions when I wake up. Once I'm done with my mission, I'll let you know what I did, how I did it, if things turned out, you know, the usual. (For some unknown reason, I got booted off entirely making is necessary for me to log back in, which I did and naturally something else was wrong: I got the black screen. I turn myself off and then back on, go into safe mode, do some stuff and Ta-Da, my screen is back.) The purpose for telling you that is that I'm not having the problems I've been having with the material I've type getting eviscerated, I was wondering if those two separate and distinct occurrences could be related or if maybe what I did to bring the screen up affected the way type material got display. One is a display problem and the other how things are displaying. Coincidence?
I am just saying, while you lack critical virus and anti-malware protection of any kind, try to go to sites you know for sure are authoritative and safe for browsing. Once you have transitioned to some security platform, determine what that is, whether it is free anti-virus MSE, as Ross suggested, or some other security suite, make precautions. There are a number of ways that a system can be infiltrated due to lax security. An entire industry is built upon this threat. Nothing more to it than that. Assess what you think you need, whether security attacks against your system are a recurring problem, and choose an anti-virus and anti-malware program. I would say not to do so would be at your own peril.

While some here claim to never run any anti-virus or anti-malware as a "bragging rights" of sorts, many of them are also purported Windows experts. If they knew anything about security they would not be so lackadaisical. But that's my opinion. In any event, do follow the free or paid route, any route but abandonment of all security software.

Best,
Mike

Hi Mike. Hope your day is going smashingly well. Thank you for your informative your informative message. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write to me. I currently do run an anti malware bytes and I have about anti virus programs that I offloaded because I had them all running concurrently. I learned that wasn't a very good idea. Interestingly enough, while I had several anti virus programs running concurrently, I did not have a single problem. When I unload them, I have nothing bu trouble. I think that is interesting. Now, the questions that I really need an answer to before I undertake drastic measures to remedy that ailments from which my laptop is suffering. Will the reinstallation of Windows 7 take care of the virus?I f I decide to reinstall Windows 7, will I have taken the virus with me during uninstallation only to bring it back when I reinstall? Let's say I don't reinstall Windows 7, how do I get rid of the virus? What is MSE (that's Microsoft Essentials, correct)? What does it do? Where is it? I've looked for it in various places and didn't find it. If I am to be a computer goddess I need to be well informed and knowing the answers to these questions will really help me in deceiving people that I know what I'm talking about. Just kidding. I couldn't deceive anyone about this. I hardly know the basics, but am so eager to learn. Thanks for your help. It is extremely appreciated. By the way, typographic errors, misplaced words, words bring omitted, omissions, etc. is one of the things that is going on with my laptp. Going back and fixing these things will only cause me to do it again because I've noticed once I fix something, as soon as go somewhere else on the page, the error I just fixed unfixes itself. Very frustrating. Thanks again!

Gaby

One more thing: Where do I find which version I run so that I can offload iit?

Hey Mr. Keml.: Thanks for responding with some answers to my many questions. It almost 3:30 a.m. so I think I'm going to attack your suggestions when I wake up. Once I'm done with my mission, I'll let you know what I did, how I did it, if things turned out, you know, the usual. (For some unknown reason, I got booted off entirely making is necessary for me to log back in, which I did and naturally something else was wrong: I got the black screen. I turn myself off and then back on, go into safe mode, do some stuff and Ta-Da, my screen is back.) The purpose for telling you that is that I'm not having the problems I've been having with the material I've type getting eviscerated, I was wondering if those two separate and distinct occurrences could be related or if maybe what I did to bring the screen up affected the way type material got display. One is a display problem and the other how things are displaying. Coincidence?

It's not impossible but then again I really need to know the state of your machine.
Are the drivers and bios fully updated? You can get drivers and bios updates from the manufacturers web site.
Some viruses can hang about even after a re-install so it's best to deal with them using a dedicated app.
Let me know how you get on with returning the machine to just one ant-virus application (or two depending on what you use.. :) )

Mike, I really feel like an idiot now. I missed that you had provided a link for me, but did I see it? Nooooo. I think I ca
To be honest with Gaby I use Defender and malwarebytes, that's it. If I was you I'd uninstall everything but Defender (Norton can be a real pain in the behind) and just use that alongside malwarebytes.

I don't think you've been hacked but obviously something isn't right. Oh and you may have not see your post straight away as sometimes they go up for moderation and have to be passed by the powers that be (just a precaution against spam and the like).

To remove Norton fully use this tool:
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/uk/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us
Hi Ross: I uninstalled Norton, and thank you for providing the link so Norton was offloaded completely. Not having any other security programs installed but for Defender and the Anti Malwarebytes programs, I installed the Microsoft Essentials (I don't know its full name yet) program you so kindly sent. What a cool thing! Is it part of the software that is preloaded (I don't think so because I would have had it, I think) into computers or something separate entirely? Not that it makes a difference. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

So, in accordance with your instructions, I didn't run the program you sent until Norton was off and ensured there were no other security programs installed. I didn't think that the Malwarebytes program was technically a security program, but in some ways I guess you could consider it of that type. ( I'll shut up now 'cause if I don't I;ll get carried away, as aways, with minutiae about something sort of related to the topic but out in left field.) I ran a quick scan and as with all other security programs I've run, I was free from viruses. I do not understand why I am infected. I mean even if I went to an unsafe site or downloaded something unsafe, wouldn't the programs I had installed protect me? It is eally confusing to me. So, I go out and purchase some killer anti viiral softwre, load it, take a stroll on the in internet and I come back and I have acquired a virus despite the fact that I have this killer software? That just doesn't seem too rational, but I'm sure there is some high tech explanation. It is all very confusing. And how do I deal with the virus, I have, how do I kill it? That's why I'm in need of some info concerning reinstalling Windows completely. I do not want to undertake something such as that if I really don't have to. I really don't know to whom I should direct my many questions. If you think I could get good information if I post them, let me know and I will do so. I won't bother you with my questions anymore. I'm really nescient in this regard so I'm needing some guidance so that I don't really screw things up. Just so you know, I pretty much write like I'm thinking or talking. It's probably maddening for some people, but my editors just lovvvess me and my style. Okay,. Thank for your help

One more thing: Is there some sort of help site for this Forum? I am having a very hard time doing some things, for example, writing this message to you and putting it in the correct place. If you could direct me, I'd be really thankful. I cannot figure out where one message starts and another begins or how to send one to a particular person.
(As you may have noticed, the text is virtually perfect, at least I think so. What was difficult was losing the cursor every few words, finding it, deleting what letters it had taken and returning it to it

Hi Mike. Hope your day is going smashingly well. Thank you for your informative your informative message. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write to me. I currently do run an anti malware bytes and I have about anti virus programs that I offloaded because I had them all running concurrently. I learned that wasn't a very good idea. Interestingly enough, while I had several anti virus programs running concurrently, I did not have a single problem. When I unload them, I have nothing bu trouble. I think that is interesting. Now, the questions that I really need an answer to before I undertake drastic measures to remedy that ailments from which my laptop is suffering. Will the reinstallation of Windows 7 take care of the virus?I f I decide to reinstall Windows 7, will I have taken the virus with me during uninstallation only to bring it back when I reinstall? Let's say I don't reinstall Windows 7, how do I get rid of the virus? What is MSE (that's Microsoft Essentials, correct)? What does it do? Where is it? I've looked for it in various places and didn't find it. If I am to be a computer goddess I need to be well informed and knowing the answers to these questions will really help me in deceiving people that I know what I'm talking about. Just kidding. I couldn't deceive anyone about this. I hardly know the basics, but am so eager to learn. Thanks for your help. It is extremely appreciated. By the way, typographic errors, misplaced words, words bring omitted, omissions, etc. is one of the things that is going on with my laptp. Going back and fixing these things will only cause me to do it again because I've noticed once I fix something, as soon as go somewhere else on the page, the error I just fixed unfixes itself. Very frustrating. Thanks again!

Gaby

One more thing: Where do I find which version I run so that I can offload iit?

s correct location. And, I do hope I mentioned the 8-1/2 paper. I hope I did because it paid me a visit today. It only was on my desktop maybe 15 minutes. I took a picture so no one would think I'm delusional, too! At this time, which is many hours after I finished writing this, the paper is back. It is really spooking me out.

One more thiing:

Sunnyvale about a month agol. I know it was about something, but what I don't know. I only live about 45 minutes from the Silicon Valley and know nothing and I knew nothing in the 30 years I did live there about all these things that were and continue to be life altering for everyone in some some and historical. I bet there will soon be a different time designation BC before comp: But I have developed an interest in this stuff. It was probably because I didn't understand what language these people at the hi tech conference I attended were speaking. I was told it was Hitekian and I knew I had to learn it. Why it has become so imperative that at my age I learn something totally foreign to me is not clear, at least not yet. I firmly believe, though,, that I learn as much information so that I can always be a well rounded person. I suppose my aims are lofty but hey but if one \doesn't continue learning, that a person's mind and possessed knowlege will become stagnant and will eventually become useless. Knowledge is the key to just about everything.

Okay, off my bandwagon. Thank you so, so muc
I am just saying, while you lack critical virus and anti-malware protection of any kind, try to go to sites you know for sure are authoritative and safe for browsing. Once you have transitioned to some security platform, determine what that is, whether it is free anti-frfvirus MSE, as Ross suggested, or some other security suite, make precautions. There are a number of ways that a system can be infiltrated due to lax security. An entire industry is built upon this threat. Nothing more to it than that. Assess what you think you need, whether security attacks against your system are a recurring problem, and choose an anti-virus and anti-malware program. I would say not to do so would be at your own peril.

Best,
Mike
ik
It's not impossible but then again I really need to know the state of your machine.
Are the drivers and bios fully updated? You can get drivers and bios updates from the manufacturers web site.
Some viruses can hang about even after a re-install so it's best to deal with them using a dedicated app.
Let me know how you get on with returning the machine to just one ant-virus application (or two depending on what you use.. :) )
Thank you very much.I shall do exactly that. Here''s hoping it works.
Hi Gaby, You can try update your proxy.

Hii there. I feel likhe biggest idiot ot on the block/A Uas I sent myy first message to you to someone else, As you cansr cans see having major probllrmd hrtr sand thr typing turning out as if a 3 yeae old haddome it.Here's hgeoping that ffokkow your suggestoiom works. I'm prating.gg

Hey. Ju saw this and thanks for responding. (I am gettomf getting so frustrated.Iam ttyprng typing really slow, no morr than 10 wpm, andthis junk is whatcomres out. It is not thr biggrst prohlrm I hafe witj thr laptop, it'sjust more freequentlhly used.

In response to whether the frivers have beeb updated, yes most have,but I had to uninstall I brbelive it was thr mousr/opointer. No asfor thr (I don;t know what that sts (says, U'm sure it was important. Before just recentlr, I relied on thr IT peoplr at my firm to repair any problrm or to get a new onr entirel. That is lrlading up to me lrtte

Hey. Ju saw this and thanks for responding. (I am gettomf getting so frustrated.Iam ttyprng typing really slow, no morr than 10 wpm, andthis junk is whatcomres out. It is not thr biggrst prohlrm I hafe witj thr laptop, it'sjust more freequentlhly used.
een
In response to whether the frivers have beebeen bupdated, yes most have,but I had to uninstall one, I believe it was the mouse/pointer. Before, Irelief on the IT peopke in my firEDICm to help me out. They were only supposedto work on firm computers not employees personal ones. I guess they like me a lot because when I haf problrms, I woulf bring my laptop in and I'd get a temporary one, and life was beautiful. Those were the days. No such luxeries anmore ( say all that so you know I know very little agout thid stuff. I haf to look up what bios was and what it did. So, I was goiog to dowhater was necessaryy tp bring it up to ffatr date. Unfortunateky I rxperienced a prborm when powered the laptop up. I know they're somewhere, I havr srrn thrm. I am talking about thrk what key to press information that is usally thr first or second thing you see.I turned thr laptopoff a few timrs andallI got wasthr first alert saying something about hitting theexcaoe escape key that takes you to dsfr safe mode. I . No asfor thr (I don;t know what that sts (says, U'm sure it was important. I say all that as an explanaton for thr reasons I dont know what bios is. Iwhecked a site that was educatonall as to bios abilitrirs and I rrn learned that bios is an acronym fpr basic input output ststem. Unfortunately as I was unablr to accrss it I eas was unablr todo anythinhg. Any suggrstions/
Doea "Dedicated" applbcaton mrans mean that is loaded on your systems or somrthing rlsr re

ROSS: Please acknowledge your receiupt of this. Franky,, I am having somr difficultty naviuugatubg (navigating) my way around this mail area, I don't remember how to send someone a message and am extremely confused on lhow and where your post shoulf go in a reply to somronr=e's (someone's) message. . Everything just looks wriong to ne, Ut ciould be related to a really bad cdar axxuebt (car accident) I had a few days ago but that is completely irrelecant. I
writing thus as a repllby tto somethie you sent meut that's irrelevant. "messagres" (which turn out to be conversations
This message is being sent in reply to an older message from yyou, I went, I beliieve it was "alerts") that is where I saw a long list of one line messages that indicate who had posted a message and thr subject matter. I recognisred that and think I may have used one of nottifications to respond. What was interesting was that I not onlly had alerts t=related to me, I sldo (also) acquired a couple of other people's messages, conersations, I don't know, Thr point I'm tring to get at is the very simple quesruib (question) of: Does an iinsreuctional (instructional) site/place exist for dummies like me on how to navigae your way around this site and also to obtain answers to questions like: About the alert I received that weren't mine, is there something I can do to prevent this from happening or is it fixed on your end? I didn't type that so you could answer. I typed it because I wanted you to see the type of question I would submit to the people who

I unindtalled Norton usingthr link you gavr me. Mikrprovifed with MSE (is that an acronym for Microsofr Serurity Essentials?). So now I havr Defener which is superseded by whatever it on MSE that trumps that and Malwarebye. Evenwhen I had allthosr security prigras == programs running simultanrously, as with thr things I now have,I havr always gotten a clean boill of hralth, alwards, I'm not surr if it was oyou or Mikr who provrded 2 links,one of whixh I wecall was Kaspersky and I do not remember what the other was.. I haven't messed with either pending your instructions. Shoulf I load Kas'ersky? I susprvt that nrithrt you nnor Mikr eoulf would senfd mr linrks to two anti virus program. Look,thisis an ugl tossed letter salad and U cah hardky rekk tekk== tell what I was trtubt tryint=g to sat u b secerak oaroooo varioius places. This is so bad. I have noticed tgat that when I begub ti yse use tgr the laps tl;e

HEY,Down Here: Hi again. I was ilooking at thr e an
Hi Gaby,

if I were you I'd download this application here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

Don't install it straight away but first remove every security application you have running.then apply the above download. The good thing about MSE is that it works quite well alongside other security apps. I'd choose either Kaspersky as suggested by Mike or just use plain old Malwarebytes. Both of these set ups will provide ample security coverage.

If your infected then these apps will pick it up, if one doesn't catch it then the other will. Reducing one's online footprint is up to you but basically it means being careful about what you click on or use online. Take toolbars for instance, some can be useful but for the main part it's best to just stay away from such things as it increases the likelihood of picking up malware.

Some handy links:
http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/

ed
[/quote
ho
Ross, please acknowledge receipt of this. i don't if it's because of a very serious car accident I was involvrd in a few days ago, but I ccannot remember who to naviigate my way thr mreesages and alert areas. Thos ,essage is being sent in yeply to something you previously sebt (sent) that I had already replied to. Is there someplace tere that is informational as well as instructive? Becausr of thr proplems I seem to br having, I was "surfing" thr Foactionrum to find the adminis t rative section of the Forum and I was unablr to find one. I dooingent to resources in the hope that II would find what I looking flr. No luck.There must be someplace in the forum where things of an administrativr nature are handled. I don't want to ask you questions that should be directed to someone else,
r this
I had an interesting thing occur. Earlier this afternoon, I had been kicked off the Forum completely and when I went to an open tab to log myself back in there was a sheet of paper that had computer stuff on it and that yyou had authored it. In the left corner there was this: CPU-2 and in the right corner there was this CANARD PC. I believe its title was AMD FX-8150. I =know if that was confidential materila, orr if was nothing too important. I thought you should knnoe.

(I am about to cry. I hate this machine! ) I;m cutting this short. wHrn= When I went to access the bios thr numbers or letters that give you what's necessary to access tthe bios did not appear. Thr first thing I see is in insstruction to hit thr esc ley if I want safr mode. I think I [powerrd uup and down about 5 timrs.I. I know that because it was almost thr first thing I did after that accidrnt.

I don't knoq what the attachments are because I did not attach them.

Attachments

• upload_2013-8-13_19-4-17.png
    upload_2013-8-13_19-4-17.png
    286.9 KB · Views: 337
  • upload_2013-8-13_19-4-18.png
    upload_2013-8-13_19-4-18.png
    286.9 KB · Views: 261
I would take the computer to proper service and check up. There's definitely something fundamentally wrong, more than malware, probably you may have a hacker on your heels, and they are not easy to trace. Your posts are weird, something is just going "upside down". You need to CLEAN the hard disk, and get it all started anew.

The only way I can see to guarantee a good night sleep. :)

I would take the computer to proper service and check up. There's definitely something fundamentally wrong, more than malware, probably you may have a hacker on your heels, and they are not easy to trace. Your posts are weird, something is just going "upside down". You need to CLEAN the hard disk, and get it all started anew.

I'm about to cryy. Despitr co[pying everythin, I'm losing it. My cursorr is jumpimg all ovrr the place, taking letters with it and somrtimeser inserting them into another word. My daughter's boyfriend is a tech at one fo of the largest csblr cable companis. He'll fix for free. I just neerd need to find a way downto where they live. I would like to be ablr to solvr the problem. I hat asking favors, plus I don't have thr money. If at the end I reinstall windoanws the problem will be fixed. About hacking (the cursor is deleting lrttrt letters I hagove just typed and putting them elsewhere.) cationeing
(I can't do a line return as of last night) Hacking: 2-3 weeks ago I learn that thr IRS has been trying to reach me pand has brrn been sending notivvces notices to Ocala, Florida. So I call thrm. I'm put through this identity verification process that's llie 25=20 minutes. I'm being asked questions about places I've lived, worked, how much money I'dmade, my parents' names interspersed with questions I know the answer to. I'm pretty sure the agent felt sorry for me because there was still a bunvh of questions. I ask what's going on. I'm told that someone in Ocala,Florida had filed a few (it took thrm that long to find out) returns with all my personal info and that thr last timr the IRS had paid out $9000 to me. I'm like "it sure as hell wasn't me." More questions. They want their money back from whomever they paid. It isn't me. I don't know what to do. Listen, thisisl getting reallyy bad and I',m ready to lose it. FYI I just rang Mallwarebytes qnd MSE. The Malwareprogram showed 120 items, but I think they were minot things. MSE says everything is okay. I'll talkwith you tomorrow.
I would take the computer to proper service and check up. There's definitely something fundamentally wrong, more than malware, probably you may have a hacker on your heels, and they are not easy to trace. Your poMSEsts are weird, something is just going "upside down". You need to CLEAN the hard disk, and get it all started anew.
Hacking: 2-3 weeks ago I learn that thr IRS has been trying to reach me pand has brrn been sending notivvces notices to Ocala, Florida. So I call thrm. I'm put through this identity verification process that's llie 25=20 minutes. I'm being asked questions about places I've lived, worked, how much money I'dmade, my parents' names interspersed with questions I know the answer to. I'm pretty sure the agent felt sorry for me because there was still a bunvh of questions. I ask what's going on. I'm told that someone in Ocala,Florida had filed a few (it took thrm that long to find out) returns with all my personal info and that thr last timr the IRS had paid out $9000 to me. I'm like "it sure as hell wasn't me." More questions. They want their money back from whomever they paid it out to, Someone has stolen my identif

Back