Announcing the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
Today we are excited to announce the all new ultra-thin and modern-looking Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop. The Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop will look great on your desk at home or at work and keep you productive!

I’m currently test driving the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop at home paired with my Dell XPS 27 All-in-One. For working at home, I find the keyboard and mouse comfortable to use.

However, I really like the sleek design which allows me to easily tuck the mouse and keyboard away under the XPS 27 to make room for more desk space which I will need while I build this new LEGO set my wife bought me.

I was really surprised at how good the typing experience was on such a thin full-size keyboard (this post was written on the new keyboard!). It has chiclet-style soft touch keys for robust typing and also has media keys to control playback of your music and videos. It includes Function Keys for things like quick access to Search. And it also has a built-in number pad.

The mouse is compact and small with tracking that’s powered by BlueTrack Technology which combines the power of optical with the precision of laser for use on almost any surface. The mouse’s design is ambidextrous which means you can use it comfortably, whether you’re a righty or lefty.

The Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard pairs wirelessly to your desktop, laptop, or tablet using Bluetooth 4.0 to instantly connect without any wires or USB transceivers. With Bluetooth 4.0, you get better battery life and a more reliable connection to the device it’s paired with. With the mouse, you can go almost six months without having to change the batteries! And both the mouse and keyboard have a small LED indicator that will tell you when battery power is low.

There are two important takeaways with the new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop: it’s awesome design and that it uses Bluetooth. Its design is all about subtleties and attention to detail (that’s why we’re calling it “Designer”). For example – there are magnetics on the battery doors that glide gently into place. Don’t worry, the battery doors are very secure when closed so you don’t need to worry about the batteries falling out. And calculated precision was used in every space and depth of each key on the keyboard so that when you’re typing it feels just right. And you get a perfect clicking feel and sound with every stroke of the mouse.

You’ll be able to pick up the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop in May 2015 for the estimated retail price of $99.95 (U.S.) at the Microsoft Store and at various other retailers.

You can pre-order the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop by clicking here. You can also pre-order the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse by clicking here.

Continue reading...

Hi, do you mind telling me what that green docking station is? It looks really cool, I wanted to sang one myself. Thanks!

Back