Windows 7 Another installation is already in progress...

AcousticMinja

Honorable Member
Yes, it's that dreaded error message...and I am receiving it anytime I try to install any program/game. It's getting beyond ridiculous and I cannot find the exact problem. Before it told me I had to upgrade C# and C+, so I did, and nothing happened. I still got the message even afterwards. I have no idea what I can do, I've searched all over the place and found nothing that really helps. I bought a couple games for my computer, and I don't want the money to go to waste because my computer decides it won't let me install anything. I'm not sure what further details I can put here, other than I've scanned my computer with 3 different anti virus/anti spyware programs, I've defragged several times, cleaned my disk numerous times, and done nearly everything I can and the problem still persists. So please, if anyone knows any other remedies, or anything I can do to stop this problem, let me know ASAP! :(

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit and my computer's specs are 4GB RAM, AMD Athlon X2 dual 2.8 core, nVidia 9600GT

About all I can find isLink Removed due to 404 Error, which is also linked to from the MSDN site.

I checked my registry and do not have an In progress entry. Maybe this will help you.

If you can't find anything that helps, a repair install is always an option.

Back