Windows 7 Another Rough Installation...

Seraph

Sorry if there's another old post already exactly like this one; I took a look around and didn't see any problem *quite* like mine.

I'm installing Windows 7 64-bit on a completely clean install; I ran into some issues upgrading, and because of the major issues, I decided to take the scenic route and used GParted to completely reformat all of my partitions. Now that that's all done (which was somewhat painful knowing all of the music and files I lost in the process) I'm using the Windows 7 disc that was sent to me from Acer to install. The problem is, after booting from the disc and running through the "Windows is loading files" bar, it hangs at the "Starting Windows" screen - it's been there for about 15 minutes now. This was the same issue I had before! I know it's not a bad disc, it installed completely once before I started running into issues, but it doesn't seem to want to do anything now.

My specs are:

nForce 780i motherboard (literally *just* updated the BIOS)
nVidia 9800GTX 1GB video card
8GB Corsair DDR2 memory
1x Seagate 80GB HDD (NTFS formatted, not intended to be in use)
1x Seagate 500GB HDD (NTFS formatted, 2 partitions; one for my OS install)
Samsung Writemaster DVD-RW Drive
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz

I was just wondering if there was anything at all I could do to remedy this, because I'm sitting here with what's basically a blank box if Windows 7 refuses to install. Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: It also seems that if I decide not to boot from disc, it displays:

"BOOTMGR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

Back
Top Bottom