Windows 7 Any decent ftp software working on Windows 7?

Sunlust

Hi,

I always used smartftp on my vista machine and recently I switched to Windows 7. (edit: I'm using win 7 beta - 7000 build).

My smart ftp won't work, I started using filezilla but it's just not good enough, it has only one remote browser, no good password manager etc, just not good enough.

Could someone advise me please?

Last edited:
Wow, I actually missed that. I'm surprised that FileZilla isn't good enough for you. It is very much full featured. I also used SmartFTP until they started charging. CuteFTP has been known as one of the best, if not the best Windows FTP client for some time, but is overly expensive.

Wow, I actually missed that. I'm surprised that FileZilla isn't good enough for you. It is very much full featured. I also used SmartFTP until they started charging. CuteFTP has been known as one of the best, if not the best Windows FTP client for some time, but is overly expensive.

Well, filezilla only allows me to open one remote session at a time, and I can't find any decent manager for the websites, that lets me put them in folders and then quickly connect.

Used SmartFTP, but I had some weird problems with managing the favourites there, WS_ftp works fine.

Lol, didn't really read my post, did ya?

@jimbo45

Will have a look, thanks.

Thanks, looks good and even thought while installing it said it's not compatible, it does work and it has all the features I need.

Hi there - y'ep still works and is FREE (if you installed in compatability mode you wouldn't even have got the message).

Does exactly what you need without any bloat.

cheers.

You may also try WinSCP which is free also: Link Removed - Invalid URL
Really simple & works perfectly in Windows 7 for me

I am using Filezilla on a windows 7 build 7100, and it crashes everytime i try to copy some files from local to the sftp server. I use compatability mode and running as administrator. I will have a look at the other programs mentioned here. If anybody has had the same problem with filezilla and fixed it, please tell us what your solution was, because i like using Filezilla.:razz:

WS_FTP Professional 12.2 has been qualified under Windows 7

Hello,

Our upcoming release of WS_FTP Professional 12.2 may be exactly what you are looking for.

Ipswitch is a Microsoft Certified Partner and has been using both the Windows 7 "Cookbook" to qualify our software under 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 7 and our early access to the version of Windows 7 that will be shipping to the public on October 22 to ensure that WS_FTP Professional is the best and most compatible FTP client for Windows 7.

Our "Technical Preview Program" (a.k.a. "TPP") of WS_FTP 12.2 begins shortly - please send an email to me through this site if you are interested in participating. Otherwise, we'll be ready to go with a production version shortly before Microsoft releases Windows 7 to the public.

Regards,
- Jonathan Lampe, VP Research and Development, Ipswitch File Transfer

Back