Windows 7 Any Hack to circumvent "Blocked due to compatability mode"

jimbo45

Hi all
A bit of a dangerous one this so I'm not advising people to do this willy nilly if there is a solution -- backup your system first before attempting.

I was just wondering is there a registry fix or another piece of data somwhere which "Blocks" programs from running with the famous "Program Blocked due to compatability issues".

I have one or two programs which have worked with every build of Windows up to (and including) build 7137.

They suddenly stopped working with build 7201 and 7229 both releases giving the "Program Blocked" due to comapatbility issues.

One of the programs is Acronis True Image Workstation (note NOT true image home 2009 which works) and I can't see for the life of me why this is "incompatable". The stand alone boot up version still works fine in any case.

So I want to see if there's a hack that I can use to "Force" the program to run to see what the problem is. As I pointed out at the top of the bost - it might well break the system which is why I would take a backup before starting - but I want to try this.

Any ideas.

Cheers
jimbo

Back