Any other browser support the tab preview yet

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by dm00ney1, Jan 24, 2009.

1. dm00ney1

dm00ney1 New Member

just curious, are there any browsers that support the full tab preview yet. I am looking for an alternative to IE, but I really like the tab preview. I have poking around the mozilla sites and it isn't in there yet. Does any of the others?

2. Kyle

Kyle New Member

You're talking the preview pop ups on the taskbar? Mozilla Firefox is supported;
    [​IMG]

As you can see there.

3. cmillens

cmillens New Member

Tried Opera yet?

That's just from the taskbar. All applications I've run so far do that including Office and VS.NET TS!

I think he's thinking more of the Google Chrome type preview tab when you first start it up. Is that not true?

4. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

5. dm00ney1

dm00ney1 New Member

I see that it previews the window, but does not show the Tabbed pages within the window. If you haven't seen it, bring up IE and open multiple TABS! it will show you the diffrence.

As to the others, does opera show multiple tabs in the preview? I haven't found anything to confirm this.

I will check out those other browsers.

6. cmillens

cmillens New Member

OH THAT! yeah- that is rather kewl. No - I have found one that does exactly that yet :(

7. woody43526

woody43526 New Member

8. GomJabbar

GomJabbar Senior Member

I am using Opera 10 Alpha, and as you hover over the tabs on the browser tab bar, preview pop-ups are displayed. On the taskbar, the page that has focus is what pops up. Likely Opera 9.63 supports this as well in W7b, as it does in Vista.

Opera is practically the only browser I use. I especially like it's speed dial option.
    Opera: Discover Opera browser

9. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

I'm wondering if I'm missing the whole point of this conversation.

Are you looking for a browser that provides the "stacked" windows preview as the new taskbar does?

All I've seen so far is that the preview windows shows the present tab you are on.

10. iroken22

iroken22 Extraordinary Member
    Premium Supporter

He is about the way ie displays in the taskbar. It doesnt just display the windows it also give you the choice to look over many tabs within one window. I believe there is no other browser at this point that supports s feature. Sorry!

11. dzuchowski

dzuchowski New Member

firefox has a plug in called speed dial that works like operas version that is built in

12. iroken22

Premium Supporter

that is not what we were talking about. He is asking if any other browser supports the new aero preview windows for its tabs. That means that if i have 4 tabs in ie that it shows all four in four seperate windows down on the taskbar. That is the answer he is searching for. I have 13 different browsers on my pc and am not aware of any other than ie's that does that right now.

13. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

So are you saying what he wants to do does function correctly in IE, but not in any other browsers?

In other words IE works correctly, but he doesn't want to use IE for some reason.

By the way...13 browsers:eek:, you're worse than I am. I've had about a total of 8 at one time.

14. getmanan

getmanan New Member

Try Tab Scope addon for firefox.

15. iroken22

Premium Supporter

I know he must be crazy if he thinks he is going to find that feature in another browser already. So yeah either go with IE or fall to the ground.

16. GomJabbar

GomJabbar Senior Member

Yes, I misunderstood. I did just see this feature with Adobe Reader though. I had several Adobe Reader windows open and they stacked up on the taskbar. When I hovered over the stack, all the previews opened up.

17. dzuchowski

dzuchowski New Member

well you can have that as a tab in the firefox plugin, were it shows all open windows. its just not on the task bar. really the task bar is so 1970's. We need computers like LCARS from star trek. i like 7 but lcars is so much better....

18. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Finally, can we now consider ending this time consuming far fetched post closed?

19. Seras

Seras New Member

Oh my god, I hope my browser doesnt get that feature. Right now I have 41 Tabs open in Opera (thats normal for me :D) and 41 Preview Windows would quite kill my Eyes...alltough it would be pretty cool if it worked fast and smooth.