Windows 7 Any other browser support the tab preview yet

dm00ney1

just curious, are there any browsers that support the full tab preview yet. I am looking for an alternative to IE, but I really like the tab preview. I have poking around the mozilla sites and it isn't in there yet. Does any of the others?

You're talking the preview pop ups on the taskbar? Mozilla Firefox is supported;
2z4eg4n.jpg

As you can see there.

just curious, are there any browsers that support the full tab preview yet. I am looking for an alternative to IE, but I really like the tab preview. I have poking around the mozilla sites and it isn't in there yet. Does any of the others?

Tried Opera yet?

You're talking the preview pop ups on the taskbar? Mozilla Firefox is supported;
2z4eg4n.jpg

As you can see there.

That's just from the taskbar. All applications I've run so far do that including Office and VS.NET TS!

I think he's thinking more of the Google Chrome type preview tab when you first start it up. Is that not true?

2z4eg4n.jpg

As you can see there.

I see that it previews the window, but does not show the Tabbed pages within the window. If you haven't seen it, bring up IE and open multiple TABS! it will show you the diffrence.

As to the others, does opera show multiple tabs in the preview? I haven't found anything to confirm this.

I will check out those other browsers.

I see that it previews the window, but does not show the Tabbed pages within the window. If you haven't seen it, bring up IE and open multiple TABS! it will show you the diffrence.

As to the others, does opera show multiple tabs in the preview? I haven't found anything to confirm this.

I will check out those other browsers.

OH THAT! yeah- that is rather kewl. No - I have found one that does exactly that yet :(

I am using Opera 10 Alpha, and as you hover over the tabs on the browser tab bar, preview pop-ups are displayed. On the taskbar, the page that has focus is what pops up. Likely Opera 9.63 supports this as well in W7b, as it does in Vista.

Opera is practically the only browser I use. I especially like it's speed dial option.
Opera: Discover Opera browser

I'm wondering if I'm missing the whole point of this conversation.

Are you looking for a browser that provides the "stacked" windows preview as the new taskbar does?

All I've seen so far is that the preview windows shows the present tab you are on.

He is about the way ie displays in the taskbar. It doesnt just display the windows it also give you the choice to look over many tabs within one window. I believe there is no other browser at this point that supports s feature. Sorry!

that is not what we were talking about. He is asking if any other browser supports the new aero preview windows for its tabs. That means that if i have 4 tabs in ie that it shows all four in four seperate windows down on the taskbar. That is the answer he is searching for. I have 13 different browsers on my pc and am not aware of any other than ie's that does that right now.

He is about the way IE displays in the taskbar. It doesn't just display the windows it also give you the choice to look over many tabs within one window. I believe there is no other browser at this point that supports s feature. Sorry!

So are you saying what he wants to do does function correctly in IE, but not in any other browsers?

In other words IE works correctly, but he doesn't want to use IE for some reason.

By the way...13 browsers:eek:, you're worse than I am. I've had about a total of 8 at one time.

I know he must be crazy if he thinks he is going to find that feature in another browser already. So yeah either go with IE or fall to the ground.

that is not what we were talking about. He is asking if any other browser supports the new aero preview windows for its tabs. That means that if i have 4 tabs in ie that it shows all four in four seperate windows down on the taskbar. That is the answer he is searching for. I have 13 different browsers on my pc and am not aware of any other than ie's that does that right now.

Yes, I misunderstood. I did just see this feature with Adobe Reader though. I had several Adobe Reader windows open and they stacked up on the taskbar. When I hovered over the stack, all the previews opened up.

well you can have that as a tab in the firefox plugin, were it shows all open windows. its just not on the task bar. really the task bar is so 1970's. We need computers like LCARS from star trek. i like 7 but lcars is so much better....

that is not what we were talking about. He is asking if any other browser supports the new aero preview windows for its tabs. That means that if i have 4 tabs in ie that it shows all four in four seperate windows down on the taskbar.

Oh my god, I hope my browser doesnt get that feature. Right now I have 41 Tabs open in Opera (thats normal for me :D) and 41 Preview Windows would quite kill my Eyes...alltough it would be pretty cool if it worked fast and smooth.

Back