Windows 7 Any way to use IE7 in Windows 7?

Camride

I did a quick search and didn't see anything. I'm guessing the answer is no, but I wanted to see if anyone had tried or found a way to uninstall IE8 beta and install IE7. Several websites that our company uses don't work in FF and don't work in IE8 beta (at least not properly, frames don't show up correctly).

Is there any way to drop back to IE7?

I don't think so. Only if you can find way t completely uninstall IE8 and instal IE7, because it won't let you to install an older version.

What about Opera/Google Chrome/K-Meleon/Flock??

Bah, I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I should be able to use the IE Tab addon in FF to render the page correctly.

Has anyone else tried Chrome in Win 7? It installed and opens, but it won't render any pages. As soon as you try to go to a page it crashes (not the entire program, but that tab will crash).

edit: Yep, IE Tab works perfectly. Just a FYI for anyone that has issues with any sites in IE8. Here's a link for the add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

Last edited:
You can also use the IE Compatibilty tool. (In IE)
Tools - Compatibility View settings. Then select "Display all sites in.....etc.

I have Chrome installed on my win7. The only thing that i don't like - it works much slower than FF and Opera

Davehc, thanks for that heads up, I never even saw the Compatibility mode in the Tools menu before. It works too, thankfully.

jefins, maybe my Chrome install just went bad? Are you running 32bit or 64bit?

Back
Top Bottom