Windows 7 Anyone else thing driver signing is STUPID?

kevinkrg6

First off, windows 7 is SWEET. A new glossy OS with great looks and great speed. Thank you microsoft (those are uncommon words...). I first got 64 bit. It was sweet. Until I couldn't get internet. Crap. That's kind of important in today's computing world. I tried everything. I have a 2wire router and had a encore wifi card. No luck. Microsoft won't let people install unsigned drivers. WHY? I don't know. They're b!+che$. Either way, got the latest drivers, tried the drivers with the disk, tried both in compatibility mode (with all os's), tried driver signer program, no luck. Only when I booted with f8 disabling driver signing could I get it to work. Was I going to do this every time I booted my pc? No. Ready Driver plus does this, yes, but I could not get it to work either. Switched to Linksys wifi card from another computer, and repeated the above. When a LINKSYS pci wifi card will not install on WINDOWS, microsoft has gone crazy. So I got 32 bit. The difference? Nothing for me.

For those of you with more than 4 gigs (i7 peeps), keep your 64 bit, BUT if you don't need it yet, save yourself the trouble.

BTW, I couldn't have used an ethernet cable, the router is way too far away, and I plan to get 64 bit full version only if they fix the driver signing problem. WHY ONLY IN 64 BIT??? Makes no sense to me. Post if you think driver signing is STUPID!

I've got a HP 64 bit with 8 gigs of ram and had no trouble networking either Vista or Windows 7 (Dual Boot) The only trouble was figuring out permissions and the home group. Also have XP Vista and Windows on VMware workstation. They all work fine. I use Ethernet to connect.
Joe

Try this command in the command promt. Make sure you run as admin.

bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

Back