Windows 7 anyone know of a way?

You may need to un-install from the control panel/progams/programs and features and then download from MS updates.

You may need to un-install from the control panel/progams/programs and features and then download from MS updates.

well, i unticked it in Windows features... (not sure that's actually uninstalling it) then try to reinstall with the download of it i got from the MS site, but every time it gets toward the end of the install, it throws "setup.exe has stopped working".

so i'm looking for an alternative route.

Yeah...unticking if form the windows feature is not uninstalling it....that has to be done first from the programs list from with in the control panel and a reboot will probalbly will follow for full changes to take effect. Then download and install from MS.

Yeah...unticking if form the windows feature is not uninstalling it....that has to be done first from the programs list from with in the control panel and a reboot will probalbly will follow for full changes to take effect. Then download and install from MS.

yeah, it's not in the programs list. =(

Have you tried either "My Uninstaller" or the uninstaller built into CCleaner? Many installed updates are listed there.

Cat

Have you tried either "My Uninstaller" or the uninstaller built into CCleaner? Many installed updates are listed there.

Cat

the only 3ed party uninstaller i have is Revo.
it mentions 1.1 and 4, but not 3.5.

how will viewing "installed updates" help?

To remove an update, go to; Control Panel/System & Security/Windows Update, in the navigation pane (left) click on "View update history", then click on "Installed Updates", then choose the update and click on "Uninstall"
Then just re-install it from your download.

Hope this helps
Don

To remove an update, go to; Control Panel/System & Security/Windows Update, in the navigation pane (left) click on "View update history", then click on "Installed Updates", then choose the update and click on "Uninstall"
Then just re-install it from your download.

Hope this helps
Don

i don't think it was an update that broke it tho.
it just... broke.

Back