Windows 7 Application and win 7 settings for all users...

toffer

First, thanks to all who respond. Even if you can just point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. As the title of the thread suggests, I am trying to set certain default settings for users on a whole series of machines (hp's, some dells...). One is for gizmo drive. I can log in as an administrator, change a really simple setting (uncheck 'Show toolbar at start up') and it works fine, but it doesn't carry over to any of the other users who log on. I should also mention that said users are logging in to a domain.

The other problem I'm having is that I had to install an outdated driver on many of the dells. The driver works fine when set to compatibility mode. The issue is that when anyone else logs in, windows 7 attempts to run it in non-compatibility mode and an error message pops up. Again, users are logging in to a domain.

ANY help you can provide would be great. Thanks.

What Are The Drivers For?
If You Cant Log On Because Of The Drivers Not Working Then Boot Up In Safe Mode And Do Whatever You Need To Do Like Turn Compatibility Mode On.

I believe you need to look into the Program Compatibility Assistant to set this persistent for the entire machine. There's a button at the bottom of the compatibility tab for an executable that says "Show Settings For All Users", start there.

Back
Top Bottom