Windows 10 Appreciating the Reality of Windows 10

Drew

Banned
This offers some insight into what makes Windows 10 a significant departure from the past and a significant progression to the future.

As has been said, UI is the tip of the iceberg.

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

PS: Please, don't bother giving me grief. Just sharing the article, did not write it!

I have no problem with Windows 10. And whatever issues I am encountering right now, even the issues it created after the upgrade to 9860, I owe it to the fact that it is still a "work-in-progress". No one has the right to complain if this or that does not work the way it's supposed to be. I had some annoying issues after the upgrade. All I did to fix those issues is clean installed 9860. And now everything is smooth except for that double profile pic at start up which even the Microsoft engineers have no clue how to correct it up to this point.

Yes. It is a bit of a no brainer to decide , if you want to send feedback, as to whether it is what you could call a "bug", or omission, or just WIP Possibly, if it happens, not such a good idea for MS to send out too many builds.

I have no problem with Windows 10. And whatever issues I am encountering right now, even the issues it created after the upgrade to 9860, I owe it to the fact that it is still a "work-in-progress". No one has the right to complain if this or that does not work the way it's supposed to be. I had some annoying issues after the upgrade. All I did to fix those issues is clean installed 9860. And now everything is smooth except for that double profile pic at start up which even the Microsoft engineers have no clue how to correct it up to this point.

I don't have the dbl picture but, netplwiz does nothing. From discussion in other Tech Forums seems people for whom netplwiz does work have the dbl pictures. Fun w/ betas...

Have read of a few 'issues'. Myself, 9860 is doing ok. For a while had to start Windows Audio Service a few times but, not so much, anymore. And few times the connectivity went wonky & would be back fine after a simple reboot but, hasn't don't that for a while, either. And sometimes zPC & PC Settings won't open until restarting Windows Explorer. Different stuff than what I read from others. And other than these, all is very good. But, as you say, w/ betas, just another day @ the office. Just notify Build Team of things & carry on.

Bit funny, in a sad way, to read from some folks... issues are so serious in their eyes and these same folks swapped their 8.1s over to a beta OS. I asked one fellow, "Are you running a VM or dual booting". He came back w/, "It's my main OS."

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

I And now everything is smooth except for that double profile pic at start up which even the Microsoft engineers have no clue how to correct it up to this point.
This may be a question you cannot answer now, as you have the OS up and running. I have just made a complete reinstall, right through both OS builds, paying a lot of attention, with pauses and reboots, to the progress.

I believe, and this is a real wildy, that my double picture login came, when I manually updated one or two items in the device manager. Dell drivers, pre downloaded. In particular, the Intel QM57 Express Chipset LPC Interface Controller. But I was so busy with the updates at the time, that it is very much speculation.
Anyway, for the book, I have sent it pretty much as written here, as feedback.

In anticipation. I rolled back that particular driver, but the double picture remained.

Hi

I'm really surprised how easy this has been.
I haven't really run into anything that decreases functionality.

My computer is running better then ever and for the first time in years I'm not running something like Classic shell and don't feel like I need to.

I'm finding it a lot easier to find my way around then I did in Windows 8.

Adding a lot of common geeky things to the Start Orb really save some searching around.
I always found it difficult to find some things in 8.

Mike

I just got it loaded on VMware Player and am just beginning to explore. It does look easier with the start menu back but I find it annoying to have to look for things. Going from XP to Vista/Windows 7 one of the main annoyances was renaming and relocating things in the control panel and other areas.
Joe

Back