Windows 8 Are Torrent Clients Banned by Microsoft in Windows 8

Paul80

Hi all

I am looking for a bit of help

I have just installed a nice new fresh clean install of windows 8, so far most things are working fine, but. I cannot get any of the Torrent clients I use to work, in every case the client installs fine but when it comes to running it fails to load, if I look in task manager it is showing but it will not close from within task manager and the only way to end the stalled application is to do a re boot.

Anyone else getting this issue or is there a known fix for it.

Thanks for any help

Paul

As far as I know these programs aren't banned in Windows 8.. But the use of these programs is usually used for things like piracy, and torrents are full of viruses so I usually suggest that people don't use them. You know what you're getting especially if you pay for something yourself because it's legit.

I don't think you'll get much support here for that reason though... I haven't read any articles that have said anything about programs being banned though, and I can't verify this for you because I don't have a program for torrents on my computer.

~Ace

Thanks for taking the time to reply, don,t worry I am not sitting here with an eye patch on and a parrot on my shoulder, I only use the torrent sites for TV catchup program's.

I was begging to thin Microsoft had stopped them as nothing will work on win8 when they all worked fine on win7. Back to the drawing board then for finding a solution.

If only I could get win7 to re install over win8, but it won't.

Paul

Paul

:pirate: Then perhaps this is a compatibility issue. That's about all I can think of for now... Some programs don't work on Windows 8. Try compatibility mode...

UVDy8.png

Past that, I understand that a torrent program is really just an interface that downloads torrents, but the way torrents have been used, regardless of the fact that they are a very fast method of file transfer (which is sad), gives them a bad rep, and recognition as a pirating utility.

I'm afraid I cannot help you further though. I'm assuming you are being honest with your usages of this application, so that's about all the help I can offer. I can't encourage the act of piracy, it would be very bad for my image, and I hope you understand what i'm saying.

From my knowledge though, I'm fairly certain the reason why none others have responded to you is for the reasons that i've stated. And I myself have to be cautious about this as well...

Good luck.
~Ace

Do you have Win 8 Standard or Win 8 Pro?

If you have Win 8 Pro, you can add the Media Center for free until Jan. 31st, 2013. MS removed many of the playback features in Media Player and you have to use Media Center to gain these features, including TV use.

If you have Win 8 Standard you must pay for the Win 8 Pro Pack for $69.99, or just buy the Win 8 Pro upgrade for $39.99

Back
Top Bottom