Windows Vista Are you ready to run 8GB of RAM?

Did you read about the virtues of running with 8GB of RAM though? Thats all well and good but the average joe hasn't got a super system nor the funds to obtain that much RAM. I know it's cheap at the moment but thats only cuz they made too much of the stuff!

I'm running 4Gb and as of right now I don't see the need of more but that may change tomorrow. :D

Lol.... just to get off topic a tad. I'm just re-installing Crysis now there's a game that likes all the RAM it can get!

I know it (including whatever else is running) uses about 2Gb out of the 4 that I was running.

It does like it's resources anyway I haven't played it for a while so I thought I'd load it up again.. I need a new game really, I'm thinking I may try that Assassins Creed.

Crysis? or Assassins Creed?

Right I'm up and running with Crysis so I'll catch up later...:D

Ok..
That Assassins Creed looks pretty good, it's originally for the console market but has been ported for pcs. Try and check it out.
Man I had some trouble getting Crysis to run ok at first.. It would start ok and then turn into a slide show.. Anyhow a few tweaks here and there got it running back in it's DX10 glory again..What a game! Even though I've played it many times before it still does the business as gaming goes.. Awesome. :cool:

Hi guys

Getting back to the issue of 8GB.!!!!
I did see a rig advertised for sale with 8GB installed. I assume that it is a 64bit processer. Specs is.

• Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
  • Intel Core 4 Extreme Quad QX9650 Processor
  • 8192MB Corsair DDR II Memory
  • 2000GB SATA II Seagate Storage – RAID Stripe
  • NEC 7200 Multi Format DVD/CD ReWriter
  • ATI Radeon High Definition 1024MB PCI Express Quad Monitor Graphics
  • 7.1 High Definition Surround Sound
  • Intel Deluxe Motherboard
  • Multi Format Memory Card Reader
  • DVD/CD ROM Drive
  • Antec Ultra Deluxe Tower Case
  • 600w True Power "Silent" PSU
  • 4 x 19â€Â￾ TFT Flat Panel Screens
  • Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard
  • Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse
  • Creative Inspire 6100 5.1 Speaker System
  • 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN
  • 12 x USB2 Ports
  • Firewire
Any thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks ok but some details could do with expanding on.... Are you thinking of buying it?
The PSU looks a little weak but as I said without knowing the ful spec it's hard to say..

Just as a quick note on my crysis with Crysis.. I'm now thinking it was my 'cool 'n'quiet' being enabled that was the problem.. I've since disabled it and put the old driver back on and it runs like a charm..weird.

Looks ok but some details could do with expanding on.... Are you thinking of buying it?
The PSU looks a little weak but as I said without knowing the ful spec it's hard to say..

Hi Kemical

No ..... Not in the market yet for another rig!!
I was looking around to see if there were rigs on the market with 8GB of RAM installed. I cannot see what benefit that would give at this present time. Certainly for what I use my rig for at present there is no need to upgrade.
Would this amount of RAM be wasted on a 32 bit???????

600W PSU!!?? WTF??? that PSU wouldn't last 6 mos. with kinda load. Trust me :D

Back
Top Bottom