Windows 7 ATI Catalyst/Win7 Compatibility

Population96

Has anyone been using Win7 with an ATI graphics card? I want to be sure everything will still work decently before I move over to the beta, if I can get my hands on a key. I've got a ATI Radeon HD4870x2 if anyone else has one who's running Windows 7. Thanks

I have been using Windows 7 since build 6801 and I have an ATI Radeon 3870 in one of my pc's.. I've had no problems at all, the ATI Catalyst Windows 7 Preview Driver works flawlessly... ;)

Has anyone been using Win7 with an ATI graphics card? I want to be sure everything will still work decently before I move over to the beta, if I can get my hands on a key. I've got a ATI Radeon HD4870x2 if anyone else has one who's running Windows 7. Thanks

I'm running a 4870X2 with no problems whatsoever.

CPU: Intel QX9650 / Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
Video: ATI 4870X2 / 24" BenQ FP241WZ LCD
Motherboard & RAM: Asus P5E3 Deluxe (X38) / 4GB Corsair DDR3-1600
Storage: WD Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS SATA-500GB / WD 500GB My Book Premium ES / Two Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB drives / Thermaltake ST0005U HDD Docking Station.
Optical Storage: Samsung SH-S203N DVD-RW
Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi / Logitech Z-5500

Last edited:
Running an x1950pro 512 AGP w/ 8-3_vista64_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_59753 drivers. No problem at all :)

Well... Just found out OpenGL in CS 1,6 is screwed. Only shows background, no menus or anything :(

Edit: Will test 8-12_vista64_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_72276 and see if that helps

Last edited:
Crossfire works as well, or at least it reports that its enabled and working, haven't run and games or anything.

2 HD 4870's

With 8gb of system memory things start to get screwy. My ATI card can only use the first ATI driver win 7 installs in 64bit flavor. I have had no luck with the ATI preview driver or the one from Windows update.

I'm running Ati radeon 9600, working like a charm... also exepting updates from windows update.

Hello, how did you get this running. With the beta drivers I have got for w7 the Install Manager tells me that everything installed correctly except for the driver which failed to install. Also the CCC wizard and the normall CCC application are installed but do not run. Whom has an idea (the prerelease driver seem to work fine but I cannot get my TV-out to work with the normal windows screen manager)?

Hello, how did you get this running. With the beta drivers I have got for w7 the Install Manager tells me that everything installed correctly except for the driver which failed to install. Also the CCC wizard and the normall CCC application are installed but do not run. Whom has an idea (the prerelease driver seem to work fine but I cannot get my TV-out to work with the normal windows screen manager)?

If you use Catalyst 9.1 for Vista, it'll install and run correctly in Windows 7.

Thanks Kyle, it works like a charm now. ATI Catalyst 9.2 is not working for my system! With the 9.2 version I do can see the processes CCC and MOM running but the screen is not showing.

Only thing left is to get my remote control to work for my Hauppauge HVR 1110, the card itself is running fine in MCE. Do you have any ideas on this topic?

Catalyst 9.3 driver: failed to install

Hello,

Anyone who has tried the 9.3 catalyst driver for the ATI Radeon 9600? It runs but the driver fails to install. Any ideas?

regards, Paul

hey guys

had a sim prob ,im running 3 3870s, went back to original drivers and cat8.9 or something ,then updated drivers (auto)w1.1 installed then reinstalled 9.3 and everything works fine now as it was only seeing two card now all working, dont forget to allow process access in your firewall

Last edited:
I got a X300 mobility, HD3200 mobility, and HD 4670 that all work fine under Windows 7.

I couldnt get the catalyst 9.3 too load and other have had the same problem
dropped back to catlyst 9.2 64bit drivers and all worked fine

Hello,

Anyone who has tried the 9.3 catalyst driver for the ATI Radeon 9600? It runs but the driver fails to install. Any ideas?

regards, Paul

yup get a newer video card people who think they should be able to run the latest and greatest on shonky old hardware make me wana laugh my arse off failing that use the 8.12 agp hotfix drivers :razz: oh if fixing a simple problem as a driver issue is a biggy for ya you probably shouldn't be tinkering with a beta OS go back to vista or xp where everything worked fine

Back