Windows 7 ATI Radeon x1650 pro problem

crazyloner

hi

i just bought a new ATI Radeon x1650 pro and installed it on my windows 7 pc. but when i installed the driver from the cd which is included on the box of ATI, i cant get through the windows. BSOD always appear.
i also try some other version of catalyst like 9.3 and 9.5 but they always say that i should update my graphic adapter's driver.

i also try to put in on my windows xp machine and another problem occurs.

please help me with this one..

sorry for bad english!

Hello and welcome,

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. The manufacturer name and model number of your PC, if applicable
4 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

When you restarted your computer after installing the board didn't Windows try to install it's own driver?

regarding the catalyst software, some people say only the driver works and not the Control Center, but some have said both work.

I don't know what link you've tried bit I'll give you these:

Drivers & Tools | GAME.AMD.COM

or here:

ATI Catalystâ„¢ Legacy Display Driver

ok i will post later may system specs.

actually i already try to use the driver from windows 7 auto install. but after the i restart my computer, BSoD appears again...

i already try the 9.5 version of the driver. i download it on ati website but after i install the driver, a pop up appears says that i need to update my driver..

i forgot to mention that im using the agp version of ati x1650..

now im planning to return my ati to the store and replace it with gefroce fx5500... bye bye pixel shader 3!

Last edited:
Back